Improving the Patient Hand-off ProcesseDoclistPatient Hand-offs for Healthcare Providerswww.edoclist.com
Improving the Patient Hand-off Process1. “Hand-off” Overview2. Understanding the needs for of an Effective Standardized Hand-off3. Patient Safety Associated with the Hand-off Process4. Key Components of an Effective Standardized Hand-off5. The Hand-off Environment and Best Practices6. How eDocList.com can improve efficiency and patient care.7. eDocList.com features8. Our Promise to our customers
1. What is a Hand-off? A clinical hand-off is the temporary transfer of care and responsibility from the primary (outgoing) physician to the covering (oncoming) physician Verbal and written handoffs are customary and necessary in order to relay vital information about the patient and their anticipated needs
2. Understanding the need for anEffective Standardized Hand-off An effective Hand-off process is vital for several reasons Multiple physicians participate in the care of each patient. Proper communication is imperative. Communication failures during the hand-off process often lead to uncertainty in decisions on patient care An ineffective hand-off process could result in patient discharge delays, duplicate tests and compromised patient safety Increased hand-offs with reduced resident work hours
3. Patient Safety associated with theHand-off Process.Transfers of care have been identified as an importantcause of adverse clinical outcomesImproving hand-offs is a national patient safety goalMost unanticipated adverse events are caused bycommunication breakdowns
4. Crucial Aspects of an EffectiveStandardized Handoff Patient Identifiers Name/ Record Number/Location Severity of illness Working problem list Intervention on anticipated problems Tests and consults pending Code Status History pertinent to immediate problems
5. The Hand-off Environment and BestPractices Interruptions are common and unavoidable, but can be obstacles to an accurate and precise hand-off. Take the time to go to a quiet place and be uninterrupted during your hand-off The Hand-off is a two way street. Effective Two-Way Communication that is Clear and Accurate is necessary in order to „close the loop‟ on proper patient care.
6. How eDocList can improve efficiencyand Patient Care Intuitive and user friendly When compared with other sign out methods, eDocList is simple and intuitive Time and Cost Savings The ease of maintaining the list means more time for patient care Time savings mean cost savings, making eDocList.com an affordable investment for your institution. Accessible: eDocList.com is accessible online on any computer with internet access, which affords residents the option to access their patient data remotely.
7. eDocList.com Features 100% HIPPA compliant with industry standard encryption Unlimited number of services per group account Powerful, easy to use patient hand-off list Fully customizable and easy on-line setup Phone and email support to guide you through customization Click here for a free trial
8. Our Promise at eDocList.com To provide you with the necessary tools you need to improve the logistics of your patient management system. Enable you to provide personalized patient care, and create an environment for improved efficiency and less room for human error. Offer a real-time tracking system with a streamlined, efficient, and easy-to-use interface. provide world class service to each and every customer. continually research new and innovative methods to improve eDocList performance and provide our customers with the latest technology and tools to comply with new industry guidelines Provide you with the peace of mind that your patient data is safe, secure and 100% HIPAA- Compliant Please contact us today ! 248-325-8615 KMJ Health Solutions, Inc./eDoclist.com http://www.edoclist.com/
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.