Collazo first grade parent orientation website slide 2013 to 2014
Rise & Shine
9:25-10:25 Whole Group Reading/Language Arts
10:25-10:50 Science/Social Studies
11:56-12:05 Science/Social Studies (continued)
Clean-up & Prepare for Dismissal
• Students are to wait in the First Grade hallway
until the first bell rings. Classrooms open at 7:40
a.m. School begins promptly at 7:45 a.m.
• Tardies will be after the 7:45 a.m. Bell.
• First Grade dismissal begins at 2:45 p.m.
Regular attendance is expected by all Ralph Langley Elementary
students. If your child is absent please send a note in their Daily
Folder with the date and reason for the absence.
The following are excused:
• Personal illness
• Death in the family
• Extenuating circumstances acceptable to the principal.
Please note when a student’s absence exceeds three consecutive days,
a doctors excuse must be provided.
From the NISD homepage,
www.nisd.net, click the
Parent Connection Link
LOBO Daily Take Home Folder
Homework Pocket- for homework
LOBO Pocket- for notes or lunch money
Behavior Sleeve- for daily behavior log
Schedule Sleeve- for Class Schedule, Early
Release and Party Schedule
Spelling Sleeve- for studying spelling words
Reading Sleeve- for reading log
Reference Sleeve- for school & contact info.
Completed Work Pocket- for weekly graded work
1. Stays on task
2. Works well with others
3. Treats others with respect
4. Listens and follows directions
5. Follows school and classroom rules
6. Completes work in a reasonable time.
7. Accepts and fulfills responsibilities
Langley Behavior Chart
Check your child’s behavior chart daily. If your child stays on
green, the dated box will be blank, or have a sticker or
stamp. Please sign daily indicating you’ve read their chart.
Step 1: Verbal Reminder
Step 2: Student moves clip or card to yellow as a warning.
Students can move back to green if behavior improves.
*Warnings will be indicated in behavior chart, but not deducted
as a point.
Step 3: Student moves to red and lose a point off of their
Step 4: Parent Contacted if behavior escalates.
Step 5: Office referral possible.
• Persistent misbehaviors can result in a
behavior ticket (Langley write up). You
will be contacted by the teacher and the
child will speak with an administrator.
• Three behavior tickets regarding the same
behavior or serious misbehaviors result in a
district office referral.
Work habits and citizenship grades on
the report card will be determined by
the following number of marks
received during each nine weeks.
Pre-K – 2nd Grade
E= 0-5 Marks
S= 6-10 Marks
N= 11-14 Marks
U= 15+ Marks
Verbal praise, encouragement, tangible
rewards, and positive notes.
• Read and comprehend previously
unseen text at ending 1st grade level
• Work on grade level in mathematics
• Demonstrate most of the first grade
state standards (TEKS) in reading
and math or be expected to do so
early in the next school year
NORTHSIDE ISD AND STATE
• Students must meet NISD requirements to be
promoted to second grade.
• Students not meeting requirements may be
retained in first grade or be placed into second
• Students reading at Level G may be placed
into second grade.
First Grade Reading Levels
• 1st 9 Weeks: Level C
• 2nd 9 Weeks: Levels D-E
• 3rd 9 Weeks: Levels F-G
• 4th 9 Weeks: Levels H-I
* Students must be reading at the last listed level for
that 9 weeks to be on-level.
FIRST GRADE REPORT CARD
Students will receive a report card every nine weeks.
Grades are recorded as E, S, N, or U for all subjects
and Citizenship grades; PE, Art, and Music assign their
Reading levels will be indicated as well
First Grade Grading Policy
• Grades will be recorded for your view in the Parent
• The grading scale is as follows:
– E: 90-100
– S: 75-89
– N: 70-74
– U: 69 and below
* Students are given ample time to complete work. If a
student continually does not finish work, it will be sent home
to be completed. The maximum grade on that work is 70%.
Mrs. Collazo’s Contact
397-0150 ext. 3154