Be the first to like this
Welcome to the Oct 2013 Gamification and Immersive Technology Strategies Newsletter.
In this Newsletter
• Why Gamification and Immersive Technology Strategies ?
• Singapore Serious Games and Social Connect SGSC 2013 Conference Review
• International Symposium for Digital Earth ISDE 2013 Conferences Review
• Segamed 2013 Serious Games for Health Education Conference Review
• ECTEL 2013 European Conference for Technology Enhanced Learning Review
• GALA Conference for Serious Games, Paris, France Preview
• Great Ormond Street Hospital Learning Innovations Conference Preview
• World Innovation Summit for Education WISE 2013 Conference Preview
• The Incredible Shrinking Man Radio Interview
• Defence Global Article on Complex Adaptive Systems and Defence
• The Secrets of Gamification Workshop – A Life Changing Experience
• Upcoming Conferences and Seminars
• Slideshare Archives
Why Gamification and Immersive Technology Strategies ?
This month sees a change in the title and theme of this newsletter to incorporate “Gamification”. The reason for the change is largely that, through my own experience of gamifying my health, I have come to believe that the principles and concepts of gamification as a process are fundamentally more important than the technologies which help to create immersive experiences. The most important consideration in any serious game or simulation project is to understand how to create win-win stakeholder partnerships and turn “spectators” into “players”. This process does not depend on technology and for some applications, gamification may not require any technology at all whereas for other applications, the use of technology may be an essential enabler.
I very much hope that these changes will make for a richer and more valuable newsletter. Your feedback is welcomed.