Be the first to like this
February 2014 Newsletter
Gamification is a process which shapes the world (achieves goals/objectives)
by influencing the actions, behaviours, characteristics and state of entities within the world
(through the use of games strategies and enabling technologies)
January and February have been incredibly busy and insightful months and this is reflected in the volume and type of content this month. I have set out my views on the concept and importance of gamification in a short video called “Gamify or Die”, published a white paper on Immersive Learning Environments and developed a workshop / lecture format for teaching leadership, enterprise and collaboration skills through Gamification and enabling technologies.
I have also reached agreements to collaborate with IORMA, the International Omni Retail Marketing Association as a member of their Advisory Board and to become an Associate of PERA Technology and offer support to SMEs interested in securing funding for their business and/or product development. I am delighted also to be developing connections with two internet broadcasting organisations, Ginicam and TimeTag TV. Over the last 4 weeks I have attended the BETT, Learning Technologies and ICE Exhibitions in London, a Virtual Reality Launch Event and the CLAHRC – Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care Conference on “Healthy Living for Longer”in Loughborough where I met a number of medical professionals with whom I would like to collaborate to address global health issues such as obesity and diabetes.
All this is included in this month’s newsletter along with some of my possibly controversial views on gamification and its impact of business and society.
In this Newsletter
• Gamify or Die (the Ads are at the End) Video
• Knowledge Professionals and Gamification – Part of the Problem or Part of the Solution?
• Teaching Leadership, Enterprise, Collaboration and Self Management Skills with the Gamification Workshop
• Immersive Learning Environments White Paper
• The BETT, Learning Technologies and ICE Exhibitions in London
• The “Healthy Living for Longer” CLAHRC Conference at Loughborough University
• The Inition Virtual Reality Networking Event
• The Ginicam Internet Broadcasting Solution for Monetising Knowledge and Brand Development
• TimeTag TV Knowledge Dissemination Technology
• Ingenia – A Gamification Case Study
• PERA Technology Services for Funding and Product Development
• IORMA, the International Omni Retail Marketing Association
• Upcoming Conferences and Seminars
• Slideshare Archives