• Contribute towards a collective vision for future
schooling in Christchurch.
• Create connections and build relationships among the
school communities in Christchurch addressing similar
• Provide an overview of things to consider when
planning for modern learning environments.
• Introduce a selection of frameworks and tools to assist
your planning process.
• What is happening in your
• What challenges or concerns are
top of mind for you?
DRIVERS OF CHANGE
David Ronfeldt TIMN (Tribal, Institutional, Market, Network)
The way networks learn is the way individuals learn
Collections of entities
Association of entities
A VISION FOR CHANGE MANAGEMENT
Two year programme of development
Modern learning environments
• Visioning for
Modern learning practice
Schools outside the two year programme – rejoin at the
planning stage once they enter the two years
WHAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE?
1. Dynamic, future-focused leadership
2. Clear articulation of a collaboratively developed and
owned vision, values and beliefs