1. HDFC TOP 200 - Growth Large Cap Fund May 2012Fund Objective AnalysisThe fund seeks to achieve long-term capital The flagship fund of HDFC AMC which was years across and has been more in line with theappreciation and current income from a balanced launched in September 1996 hold the maximum industry. Its substantial and consistent track record corpus amongst all schemes of around Rs. 11,381 visible with the funds since inception return ofportfolio with a target allocation of 60% equity, Crores, way higher than many of the AMCs total around 20% itself makes it a best choice amongst40% debt and money market securities. asset under management. In fact, this is the fund investors. Managing vast assets has not made most famous amongst investors to start with safer the fund underperform the peers or benchmarkPortfolio Manager investing into Equity markets. Many consider with it delivering returns for last three years ofMr. Prashant Jain (ED & CIO) (CFA - AIMR (USA), investment into this fund as the first step towards around 17% on a CAGR basis, whereas the investing. benchmark, BSE-200 delivered a return of aroundPGDM-IIM (Bangalore) B.Tech. - IIT) has been 11% for the same period. The funds investment universe comprises of anymanaging the Scheme through its inception. Mr. company that is a part of the BSE 200 or qualifies A flagship scheme wit h consi stency in i tsPrashant Jain has 19 Years of experience in fund to be a part of that index, including initial public performance as well as being a very well diversifiedmanagement and research in Mutual Fund offerings. The fund targets around 60 per cent of fund apart from being large cap focused, a qualityIndustry. He Joined HDFC Asset Management the portfolio in the BSE 200 stocks. Banks, IT, portfolio and a manager who has been deliveringCompany Limited on 20th July 2003. Mr. Rakesh Automobiles and Engineering are few of its major alpha under major business cycles, this fund is sector allocation. It currently holds around 32 trusted by most and is fairly justified in its longVyas is also the Fund Manager for the fund. stocks from across 23 sectors. term performance and lesser deviation into risky avenues.Investment Information The funds performance has been stable for theInception Date 03-Sep-1996 Asset Allocation Market Capitalization (%)Minimum Investment 5,000.00 O thersIncremental Investment 1,000.00 Cash & Debt 1 9% Cash 1%AUM(Cr)as on Mar 2012 11,381.06 Debt Small Large Cap EquivaleExpense Ratio 1.77 n ts Cap Mid Cap 5% 6% EquityBenchmark BSE-200 Small Cap52 Week High 215.84 Cash & Cash Mid Cap Others Equivalents 1% Larg e52 Week Low 168.05 Equity CapLatest Nav (17 May, 2012) 182.67 94% 74%Entry Load NIL NAV V/s BSE 200 Annualized Yearly Rolling Return (%)Exit Load 1.00 HDFC To p 200 (G) BSE-20 0 HDFC Top 200 (G ) BSE-200Other Attributes 60 250 50Avg Mat Days N.A. 200 40PE 19.21 150 30PB 4.19 100 20 50 10 0 0Trailing Return (%) Sep-00 Sep-02 Sep-04 Sep-06 Sep-96 Se p-97 Sep-98 Se p-99 Se p-01 Se p-03 Se p-05 Se p-07 Sep-08 Se p-09 Sep-10 Se p-11 -10<1yr= Absolute Return BSE 200 Mar-08 Mar-0 9 Mar-10 Mar-11 Mar-12>1 yr=CAGR1 Month (9.80) (8.31) Top 5 Sector Allocations Top 5 Holdings3 Months (13.10) (12.30) Sector Assets (%) Company Assets (%) Unspecified 18.69 State Bank Of India 8.576 Months 0.08 (0.51) Bank - Public 12.53 ICICI Bank Ltd. 5.941 Year (11.38) (11.86) Bank - Private 10.28 ITC Ltd. 5.863 Years 16.47 11.30 IT - Software 9.58 Infosys Ltd. 5.68 Cigarettes/Tobacco 5.86 HDFC Bank Ltd. 3.105 Years 9.54 2.76 Total Sectors 23.00 Total 32.00SIP of Rs. 1000 per month (from the 1st April 2009 to 31st March 2012) Risk AnalysisPeriod Total No. of units Total Amount Present Yield Profit Std. Dev. 1.63 Beta 0.84 accumulated Invested Value % SIP R-Squared 0.97 Jensens Alpha 0.03 Sharpe 0.03 Tracking Error 0.473 Years 200.07 36,000.00 40,405.39 12.24 4,405.39 Treynor 0.06 SORTINO 0.05 The perfo rmance is a s on May, 2 012 • Portfo lio d etails as o n Apri l, 201 2 • Source: ACEMF, SSL Resea rch SBICAP Securities Limited
2. SBI Magnum Emerging Businesses(D) Mid/Small Cap Fund MAY 2012Fund Objective AnalysisTo provi de t he investors maximum growth The fund launched in October 2004 has an objective What has been the most attractive of the fund is itsopportunity through equity investments in stocks of of investing in growth oriented sectors of the ability to deliver high returns in bull phase as wellgrowth oriented sectors of the economy and also to economy that are considered emerging. A class hold better than peers in bear markets as visible inparticipate in the growth potential presented by performer in its category of mid and small cap fund, its 2011 performance. It delivered a substantialvarious companies that are considered emergent the fund has an allocation of around 39% in small return of around 13% in the last one year, whereasand have expor t or ientati on/outsourci ng cap and around 18% in mid cap and around 35% in the benchmark BSE-500 delivered a negative 12%.opportunities or are globally competitive by investing large cap stocks. The fund is currently invested On a three year basis the fund has delivered a returnin the stocks representing such companies. The fundmay also evaluate emerging businesses with growth around 9% in cash. of around 34% whereas the benchmark deliveredpotential and domestic focus. 12% for the same period. The funds stock selection ability has delivered has been that of some of the best stocks like Page The funds high performance and is suitable for aPortfolio Manager Industries, Hawkins cookers, Goodyear India, etc. High risk High investor category of risk takers. It isMr. R. Sri nivasan (Senior Fund Manager - Pharma, finance and Banking, Textile and IT sectors certainly one of the best funds under the categoryEquities) (B.Com, AICWA) has collectively over are few of its biggest bets. The fund currently hold of Mid and Small cap and one can take this fund16 years of experience in the area of financial few best selected stocks with latest being around into consideration after his allocation to other lessservices. Prior to joining SBI MF, he was heading 26 from across 22 sectors. The AUM of the fund is risky funds.Public Markets at Future Capital Holdings, asset currently of around Rs. 561.34 Crores.management and financial services of the FutureGroup. He has also worked with Principal PNBAM C as a port folio m anager and wi th Asset Allocation Market Capitalization (%)Oppenheimer & Co (Blackstone). Others OthersInvestment Information 9% 8% Larg e Cap 35%Inception Date 11-Oct-2004 Large CapMinimum Investment 2,000.00 Mid CapIncremental Investment 500.00 Small CapAUM(Cr)as on Mar 2012 561.34 Equity Sma ll Cap OthersExpense Ratio 2.35 91% 39% Mid CapBenchmark BSE-500 Equity Others 18%52 Week High 17.7052 Week Low 14.28 NAV V/s BSE 500 Annualized Yearly Rolling Return (%)Latest Nav (17 May, 2012) 14.55Entry Load Nil SBI Mag num Emerging Businesses(D) SBI Mag num Emerging Businesses(D)Exit Load 1.00 BSE-500 BSE-500 60 100Other Attributes 50 80 40 60Avg Mat Days N.A. 30 40PE 21.20 20 20 10 0PB 6.11 0 -20 Oct -0 8Trailing Return (%) Oct-04 Jun-05 Feb-06 Oct-06 Jun-07 Ju n-09 Feb-08 Oct-10 Feb-10 Jun-11 Feb-12 -40 Mar-08 Mar-09 Mar-10 Mar-1 1 Mar-12<1yr= Absolute Return BSE-500>1 yr=CAGR Top 5 Sector Allocations Top 5 Holdings1 Month -3.83 -8.34 Sector Assets (%) Company Assets (%)3 Months 0.77 -12.07 Other 8.36 Page Industries Ltd. 6.866 Months 4.99 -0.50 Pharmaceuticals & Drugs 8.28 HDFC Bank Ltd. 6.421 Year 12.82 -12.07 Finance - Investment 7.61 Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. 6.32 Textile 6.86 Bajaj Holdings & Investment Ltd 6.233 Years 34.24 11.84 Bank - Private 6.42 Muthoot Finance Ltd 6.175 Years 8.05 2.39 Total Sectors 22.00 Total Stocks 26.00SIP of Rs. 1000 per month (from the 1st April 2009 to 31st March 2012) Risk AnalysisPeriod Total No. of units Total Amount Present Yield Profit Std. Dev. 1.70 Beta 0.74 accumulated Invested Value % SIP R-Squared 0.82 Jensens Alpha 0.02 Sharpe 0.02 Tracking Error 1.083 Years 1062.18 36,000.00 46,532.13 29.26 10,532.13 Treynor 0.05 SORTINO 0.03 The perfo rmance is a s on May, 2 012 • Portfo lio d etails as o n Apri l, 201 2 • Source: ACEMF, SSL Resea rch SBICAP Securities Limited
3. Canara Robeco Equity Diversified (G) Multi Cap Fund MAY 2012Fund Objective AnalysisTo generate capital appreciation by investing in Launched in September 2003, the fund is a Multi delivered its best yearly performance from Marchequity and equity related securities. cap Fund diversified with a Large cap exposure of 09 to March 10 wherein it achieved return of around ~82% and Mid-Small cap exposure standing at 140.63% as against its benchmark BSE-200s return ~13% as on Month ended April, 2012. The fund is of around 124.07% for the same period. In case of currently around 94% invested in equities with the worst performance, its performance has not been rest being in Cash. that risky as its worst yearly performance was ofPortfolio Manager Mr. Anand Shah, whose other funds under Canara about -54.42% which fell lesser than the benchmark Robeco were of the top performers, was initially performance at around -59.11%Mr. Soumendra Nath Lahiri (Head - Equities) (B.E,PGDM) has been managing the scheme since June the fund manager of the scheme since July 2009. When calculated on a rolling period basis, the recent The fund is currently managed by Mr. Soumendra performance of the fund is at around 14% and 45%2009. Mr. Lahiri has 22 years of experience, out Nath Lahiri. for the last two years which is way higher than theof which 16 years is in research and asset benchmark performance of around 6% and 30%, The fund holds more than 50 stocks from acrossmanagement with Emkay Global Services, Fortuna respectively. almost all sectors. Banks, IT and Pharma consistsCapital, DSP Merrill Lynch, and Dolat Capital of Major allocation with the likes of HDFC Bank, A very well diversified portfolio, consistentMarket Ltd. amongst others. Infosys, ITC, etc. The AUM of the fund is currently performance during the bull phase as well as lesser of around Rs. 542.78 Crores. downside risk is the quality of the fund, making it a In respect to the performance, the fund has best in diversified category.Investment InformationInception Date 31-Mar-1996 Asset Allocation Market Capitalization (%)Minimum Investment 5000.00 Cash & Oth ers Large Ca p Debt SmallIncremental Investment 1000.00 6% Mid Cap 6% CapAUM(Cr)as on Mar 2012 310.79 4% Small CapExpense Ratio 2.08 Mid Cap Oth ers 9%Benchmark BSE 20052 Week High 32.02 Equity Large 94%52 Week Low 29.59 Cap Equity Cash & Debt 81%Latest Nav (17 May, 2012) 31.58Entry Load (%) 0.00 NAV V/s BSE 200 Annualized Yearly Rolling Return (%)Exit Load (%) 1.00 Ca nara Ro beco Eq D ivers ified(G) Canara Robeco Eq Diversified(G)Other Attributes BSE-200 BSE-200 70Avg Mat Days 365.00 60 50 50 40PE N.A. 40 30 30PB N.A. 20 20 10 10Trailing Return (%) 0 0 Sep- 03 Jul-04 Mar-06 Nov- 07 Sep- 08 Mar-11 Jul- 09 May-05 Jan-07 May-10 Jan-12 -10<1yr= Absolute Return BSE-200 Mar-08 Mar-09 Mar-10 Mar-11 Mar-12>1 yr=CAGR1 Month (6.88) (8.31) Top 5 Sector Allocations Top 5 Holdings3 Months (7.74) (12.30) Sector Assets (%) Company Assets (%)6 Months 1.35 (0.51) Bank - Private 15.84 HDFC Bank Ltd. 6.00 IT - Software 8.32 Infosys Ltd. 5.611 Year (4.04) (11.86) Pharmaceuticals & Drugs 6.62 ITC Ltd. 4.633 Years 19.05 11.30 Bank - Public 6.24 ICICI Bank Ltd. 4.555 Years 10.04 2.76 Refineries 6.10 State Bank Of India 3.83 Total Sectors 31.00 Total Stocks 51.00SIP of Rs. 1000 per month (from the 1st April 2009 to 31st March 2012) Risk AnalysisPeriod Total No. of units Total Amount Present Yield Profit Std. Dev. 1.63 Beta 0.82 accumulated Invested Value % SIP R-Squared 0.95 Jensens Alpha 0.03 Sharpe 0.03 Tracking Error 0.593 Years 756.26 36,000.00 41,549.37 15.41 5,549.37 Treynor 0.06 SORTINO 0.05 The perfo rmance is a s on May, 2 012 • Portfo lio d etails as o n Apri l, 201 2 • Source: ACEMF, SSL Resea rch SBICAP Securities Limited
4. HDFC Tax Saver ELSS Fund May 2012Fund Objective AnalysisThe investment objective of the Scheme is to The fund was launched in March 1996 with benchmark as well as peers on three year as well currently holding an AUM of around Rs. 3,114 as five years basis, it has generated a good returnachieve long term growth of capital Crore. A long track record of consistently decent with a CAGR of ~20% compared to the benchmark performance of the fund like the other funds of return of ~12% for 3 years. When compared on a HDFC has been its greatest advantage. The fund Rolling return basis, it has been a benchmarkPortfolio Manager is currently managed by Mr. Vinay R. Kulkarni and beater for consecutive periods. On the ratios front, Mr. Rakesh Vyas. the fund has shown a Sharpe of 0.02 with theMr. Vinay R. Kulkarni (Senior Fund Manager - Market Sensitivity (Beta) of 0.77. As per the latest portfolio, the Fund currently hasEquities) is B. Tech (IIT Mumbai), PGDM (IIM, an Equity portion of around 87%, and the rest in A long track record of successful performance hasBangalore) has collectively over 22 years of Debt and Cash. The Market Capitalization of the been the biggest key for investment into this Fund.experience, of which 20 years in Fund Management Fund is diversified with Large Cap constituting of In fact, along with other Tax saving fund, one can around 65% and Mid Cap exposure of around 10%. allocate to these diversified ELSS Fund.and Equity Research with AMCs like UTI Asset The Sector of Bank, Pharma and IT are preferred.Management as Fund Manager and 2 years in IT The ELSS Category has seen this fund performing SBI, TCS and IT consists of its major composition with a consistency in its genes and therefore forIndustry with Patni Computer Systems. of the overall 35 stocks from 29 sectors. the ones preferring with lesser of risk and higher The funds performance has been consistent since of diversification, this fund can certainly prove a its launch except it hitting a roadblock during the good bet.Investment Information great fall of 2007. Consistently, beating theInception Date 31-Mar-1996 Asset Allocation Market Capitalization (%)Minimum Investment 500.00 Others OthersIncremental Investment 500.00 11% 13%AUM(Cr) as on Mar-2012 3114.05 Large Cap Unspecif Debt iedExpense Ratio 1.85 Mid Cap 2% 11%Benchmark S&P CNX 500 Unspecified Equity Ot hers Mid Cap52 Week High 240.19 10% 87% Large52 Week Low 189.27 CapLatest Nav (14 May, 2012) 206.25 Equity Debt Others 66%Entry Load NIL NAV V/s S&P CNX 500 Annualized Yearly Rolling Return (%)Exit Load NIL HDFC TaxSaver(G ) S&P CNX 500 HDFC TaxSaver(G) S&P CNX 500Other Attributes 400 250 350Avg Mat Days N.A. 300 200 250 150PE 19.01 200 100 150PB 4.49 100 50 50 0 0Trailing Return (%) -50 Aug-00 Oct-01 Dec-02 Feb-04 Apr-05 Jun-06 Aug-07 Oct-08 Dec-09 Feb-11 Apr-12 Jun-99 Mar-04 Mar-06 Mar-08 Mar-10 Mar-12 Mar-05 Mar-07 Mar-09 Mar-11<1yr= Absolute Return S&P CNX 500>1 yr=CAGR1 Month (5.79) (6.30) Top 5 Sector Allocations Top 5 Holdings3 Months (7.19) (8.92) Sector Assets (%) Company Assets (%) Unspecified 11.48 Other Equities 11.486 Months (2.05) (4.11) Bank - Public 9.04 State Bank Of India 6.671 Year (9.99) (12.54) IT - Software 9.00 Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. 5.103 Years 20.42 11.92 Pharmaceuticals & Drugs 8.84 ITC Ltd. 4.29 Other 7.12 Infosys Ltd. 3.905 Years 7.39 2.67 Total Sectors 29.00 Total Stocks 35.00SIP of Rs.1000 per month (from the 1st April 2009 to 31st March 2012) Risk AnalysisPeriod Total No. of units Total Amount Present Yield Profit Std. Dev. 1.53 Beta 0.77 accumulated Invested Value % SIP R-Squared 0.94 Jensens Alpha 0.01 Sharpe 0.02 Tracking Error 0.693 Years 65.65 36,000.00 41,001.22 13.89 5,001.22 Treynor 0.04 SORTINO 0.04 The perfo rmance is a s on May, 2 012 • Portfo lio d etails as o n Apri l, 201 2 • Source: ACEMF, SSL Resea rch SBICAP Securities Limited
5. Canara Robeco Equity Tax Saver ELSS Fund MAY 2012Fund Objective AnalysisTo provide long term capital appreciation by Launched since March 1993, Canara Robeco Equity able to beat the benchmark as well as peers onpredominantly investing in equities to facilitate the Tax Saver was earlier known as Canpep 93. The three year as well as five years basis. It has beensubscribers to seek tax benefits as provided under scheme was converted into open ended plan from the top performer too. On a three years basis, the May 1999. fund has generated a good return with a CAGR ofSection 80 C of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Mr. Anand Shah, whose other funds under Canara ~21% compared to the benchmark return of ~11%However, there can be no assurance that the Robeco were of the top performers, was initially for the same period. On the ratios front, the fundinvestment objective of the scheme will be realized. has shown a Sharpe of 0.03 with the Market the fund manager of the scheme since July 2009. The fund is currently managed by Mr. Soumendra Sensitivity (Beta) of 0.81.Portfolio Manager Nath Lahiri. The fund has achieved exceptional performance inMr. Soumendra Nath Lahiri (Head - Equities) (B.E, the past few years. Although, the Funds star The Fund currently has an Equity portion of aroundPGDM) has been managing the scheme since June 93%, and the rest in Cash. Allocated Majorly into performer of the Past Mr. Anand Shah quit in early2009. Mr. Lahiri has 22 years of experience, out Large Cap Stocks, the fund holds more than 50 2011, the Fund has been in consistent in its stocks from across almost all sectors. Banks and performance under Mr. Lahiri too.of w hi ch 16 year s in research and assetmanagement with Emkay Global Services, Fortuna IT consists of Major allocation with the likes of HDFC With it being the last year for ELSS Category for Bank, ICICI Bank, SBI Bank, etc. The Fund Holds the Tax Savers, this Fund with its superior stockCapital, DSP Merrill Lynch, and Dolat Capital cash of around 5-7%. selection and fund management skills can prove aMarket Ltd. amongst others. good bet. In respect to the performance, the Fund has beenInvestment InformationMinimum Investment 500.00 Asset Allocation Market Capitalization (%)Incremental Investment 500.00 Others Others,AUM(Cr)as on Mar 2012 362.34 7% 6.60 Large Cap Small Cap, 5.07 Mid CapExpense Ratio 2.32 Small CapBenchmark BSE-100 Others52 Week High 18.85 Equity52 Week Low 15.78 Mid Cap, 93% LargeLatest Nav (14 May, 2012) 16.34 10.46 Ca p, Equity Others 77.87Entry Load NILExit Load NIL NAV V/s BSE 100 Annualized Yearly Rolling Return (%) Canara Robe co Eq uity Tax Save r(D) Canar a Robeco Equity Tax S aver(D) BSE-100Other Attributes BSE-10 0 100 100 80Avg Mat Days 1.83 80 60PE 20.57 60 40PB 4.82 40 20 20 0Trailing Return (%) - -20 Feb-02 Dec-02 Au g-04 Ju n-05 Feb-07 Dec-07 Au g-09 Ju n-10 Feb-12 Apr-01 Oct-03 Apr-06 Oct-08 Apr-11 Mar-04 Mar-06 Mar-07 Mar-08 Mar-11 Mar-12 Mar-05 Mar-09 Mar-10<1yr= Absolute Return BSE-100>1 yr=CAGR1 Month (4.28) (6.22) Top 5 Sector Allocations Top 5 Holdings3 Months (5.10) (9.38) Sector Assets (%) Company Assets (%)6 Months (0.86) (4.57) Bank - Private 15.20 HDFC Bank Ltd. 6.36 IT - Software 8.67 Infosys Ltd. 5.691 Year (4.87) (12.26) Pharmaceuticals & Drugs 7.25 ICICI Bank Ltd. 4.813 Years 21.51 11.72 Bank - Public 6.25 ITC Ltd. 3.425 Years 12.19 3.53 Refineries 5.57 Reliance Industries Ltd. 3.11 Total Sectors 31.00 Total 56.00SIP of Rs. 1000 per month (from the 1st April 2009 to 31st March 2012) Risk AnalysisPeriod Total No. of units Total Amount Present Yield Profit Stand. Deviation 1.63 Beta 0.81 accumulated Invested Value % SIP R-Squared 0.93 Jensens Alpha 0.02 Sharpe 0.03 Tracking Error 0.713 Years 331.89 36,000.00 41,688.29 15.80 5,688.29 Treynor 0.06 SORTINO 0.05 The perfo rmance is a s on May, 2 012 • Portfo lio d etails as o n Apri l, 201 2 • Source: ACEMF, SSL Resea rch SBICAP Securities Limited
6. HDFC Prudence Fund - Growth Balanced Fund May 2012Fund Objective AnalysisThe fund seeks to achieve long-term capital The fund ever since its launch in February 1994 whereas the benchmark, Crisil Balanced Fund has been one of the most trusted funds for Index delivered a return of around 9% for the sameappreciation and current income from a balanced investments into the Balanced Category. The same period.portfolio with a target allocation of 60% equity, is visible with a gigantic Corpus/AUM built up by The Scheme is managed by one of the most40% debt and money market securities. the fund of Rs. 6200 Crores. The fund has an successful and well known Fund Manager in the excellent track record in its performance since the Indian Mutual Fund Industry - Mr. Prashant Jain.Portfolio Manager beginning of its launch and has given an average His other funds of HDFC Equity and HDFC Top return of more than 18% since its inception.Mr. Prashant Jain (ED & CIO) (CFA - AIMR (USA), 200 are of size around Rs. 20,000 Crores when Being a Balanced fund the Equity Allocation of the Combined together (higher than many of the otherPGDM-IIM (Bangalore) B.Tech. - IIT) has been fund has around 72% and debt allocation standing AMCs overall AUM itself) and also one of the bestmanaging the Scheme through its inception. Mr. at around 22% for the latest available Month. The performing ones in the industry since long time.Prashant Jain has 19 Years of experience in fund equity portion is majorly invested into Large Cap Balanced Fund is the category suggestible for mostmanagement and research in Mutual Fund with around 42% and a small portion being in small of the beginner and conservative investors. ThisIndustry. He Joined HDFC Asset Management and midcap. fund can certainly cater to investors who wish lessCompany Limited on 20th July 2003. Mr. Rakesh On the performance front, the funds return has volatility and stable returns. Overall, HDFCVyas is also the Fund Manager for the fund. been exceptional when compared to benchmark Prudence can be considered as an initial or priority as well as peers. The funds returns for last three scheme suggestible to almost all class of investors.Investment Information years have been of around 23% on a CAGR basis,Inception Date 01-Feb-1994 Asset Allocation Market Capitalization (%)Minimum Investment 5,000.00 Ot hers OthersIncremental Investment 1,000.00 15% La rge 7% Debt C apAUM(Cr)as on Mar 2012 6,248.60 22% 42%Expense Ratio 1.79 O th er Equ ityBenchmark Crisil Balanced Fund Index 2 8% Small52 Week High 221.30 Cap Mid Cap Equit y 13%52 Week Low 183.13 71% 2% Large Cap Mid Cap Small CapLatest Nav (17 May, 2012) 203.94 Debt Equity Others Othe r Equ it y OthersEntry Load - NAV V/s S&P CNX Nifty* Annualized Yearly Rolling Return (%)Exit Load 1.00 HDFC Prudence(G) S&P CNX Nifty HDFC Prudence(G) Crisil Balanced Fund IndexOther Attributes 50 300Avg Mat Days N.A> 250 40PE 16.91 200 30 150PB 4.21 20 100 10 50 0Trailing Return (%) 0 Feb-94 Feb-95 Feb-97 Feb-98 Feb-00 Feb-01 Feb-02 Feb-04 Feb-05 Feb-08 Feb-09 Feb-11 Feb-12 Feb-96 Feb-99 Feb-03 Feb-06 Feb-07 Feb-10 -10<1yr= Absolute Return Crisil Balanced Mar-08 Mar-09 Mar-10 Mar-11 Mar-12>1 yr=CAGR Fund Index1 Month -6.01 -5.19 Top 5 Sector Allocations Top 5 Holdings3 Months -6.88 -7.79 Sector Assets (%) Company Assets (%) Unspecified 14.81 Other Equities 14.816 Months 4.37 0.89 Bank - Public 11.18 State Bank Of India 5.631 Year -3.34 -3.93 Other 10.49 ICICI Bank Ltd. 3.703 Years 22.54 8.88 Bank - Private 4.69 Page Industries Ltd. 3.44 IT - Software 4.55 Bank Of Baroda 2.475 Years 11.47 5.37 Total Sectors 33.00 Total 41.00SIP of Rs. 1000 per month (from the 1st April 2009 to 31st March 2012) Risk AnalysisPeriod Total No. of units Total Amount Present Yield Profit Std. Dev. 1.13 Beta 0.54 accumulated Invested Value % SIP R-Squared 0.90 Jensens Alpha 0.03 Sharpe 0.04 Tracking Error 0.993 Years 200.60 36,000.00 42,957.43 19.33 6,957.43 Treynor 0.09 SORTINO 0.07* Compared with S&P CNX Nifty as CRISIL Balanced Index data is unavailable The perfo rmance is a s on May, 2 012 • Portfo lio d etails as o n Apri l, 201 2 • Source: ACEMF, SSL Resea rch SBICAP Securities Limited
7. Canara Robeco MIP (G) MIP Fund MAY 2012Fund Objective AnalysisTo generate income by investing in a wide range The fund was launched in March 1996 as a Monthly The AUM of the fund is currently of around Rs.of debt securities and money market instruments Income Plan fund. Being an MIP its portfolio consists 310.78 Crores.of various maturities and risk profile and a small of an asset allocation of majorly into Debt and In respect to the performance, the fund hasportion of investment in equities and equity related Money market instruments for current income and delivered its best yearly performance from Octoberinstruments. a small portion in Equity for growth. As of the latest 2008 -2009, wherein it achieved return of around available portfolio on April 2012, the fund holds aPortfolio Manager debt allocation of around 75% and equity exposure ~32% as against its benchmark Crisil MIP Blended Indexs return of around ~21% for the same period.Mr. Ritesh Kumar Jain (Head - Fixed Income) of around 20%. On a trailing return basis, the fund has beaten its(B.Com, M.B.E) has over 10 years of experience. The fund is managed by Mr. Ritesh Jain, whose benchmark on a three years as well as five yearsBefore joining with Canara Robeco, Mr. Jain has other debt funds under Canara Robeco have been basis.worked with IDBI Bank Ltd., Mumbai as Manager, performing consistently well. In fact, the fundTreasury (1998-2001) as well as with Kotak Under the Category of MIP this fund has been a manager was recently awarded the Best Debt fundMahindra Asset Management Co. Ltd., Mumbai consistent performer and a choice for the onesas Fund Manager (2002-2007) and as Head - Fixed manager for the year award. expecting a steady cash flow on a monthly basis.income (2007- Till April 2008). Mr. Jain was In the terms of portfolio, the fund holds mostly The MIP category is most suitable for retired andrecently awarded as Debt Fund Manager of the financial and banking sectors with likes of HDFC conservative investors aiming at protection of capitalyear award. Ltd, Central Bank of India, Oriental Bank of and income. Commerce, etc as few of its major constituents.Investment InformationInception Date 16-Sep-2003 Asset Allocation Market Capitalization (%)Minimum Investment 5,000.00 Oth ers L arge 5% CapIncremental Investment 1,000.00 Large Cap 16% Mid Cap EquityAUM(Cr)as on Mar 2012 542.78 Mid Ca p 3% 20% Small Ca pExpense Ratio 2.25 Small OthersBenchmark CRISIL MIP Blended Index Cap De bt 1%52 Week High 56.74 75% O thers52 Week Low 47.53 80% Debt Equity Oth ersLatest Nav (17 May, 2012) 51.84Entry Load NIL NAV V/s S&P CNX Nifty* Annualized Yearly Rolling Return (%)Exit Load 1.00 Canara Robeco MIP(G) Canara Robeco MIP(G) Crisil MIP Blended IndexOther Attributes S&P CNX Nif ty 20 14 18 12Avg Mat Days 1.83 10 16 14PE 20.74 8 12 6 10PB 5.06 4 8 2 6 0 4Trailing Return (%) Jan -0 8 Nov-08 Sep-09 Jul-10 Dec-10 May-11 Mar-12 Jun-08 Apr-09 Feb-10 Oct-11 2 0<1yr= Absolute Return Crisil MIP Mar-08 Mar-09 Mar- 10 Mar-11 Mar-12>1 yr=CAGR Blended Index1 Month -0.91 -0.82 Top 5 Sector Allocations Top 5 Holdings3 Months 0.76 -0.49 Sector Assets (%) Company Assets (%)6 Months 4.05 4.05 Bank - Public 24.62 HDFC Ltd. 10.13 Finance - NBFC 13.20 Central Bank Of India 8.351 Year 6.52 5.66 Finance - Housing 10.13 Tata Motors Finance Ltd. 8.273 Years 9.00 6.47 Steel/Sponge Iron/Pig Iron 8.12 Jindal Steel & Power Ltd. 8.125 Years 9.81 6.85 Finance Term Lending 5.08 Oriental Bank Of Commerce 7.79 Total Sectors 37.00 Total Stocks 46.00SIP of Rs. 1000 per month (from the 1st April 2009 to 31st March 2012) Risk AnalysisPeriod Total No. of units Total Amount Present Yield Profit Std. Dev. 0.45 Beta 0.18 accumulated Invested Value % SIP R-Squared 0.75 Jensens Alpha 0.02 Sharpe 0.07 Tracking Error 1.573 Years 1280.75 36,000.00 40,181.25 11.61 4,181.25 Treynor 0.16 SORTINO 0.13* Compared with S&P CNX Nifty as CRISIL MIP Blended Index data is unavailable The perfo rmance is a s on May, 2 012 • Portfo lio d etails as o n Apri l, 201 2 • Source: ACEMF, SSL Resea rch SBICAP Securities Limited
8. Name Designation Alpesh Porwal SVP & Head (Retail) Kunal Doshi Analyst - Mutual Funds Regd. Office: SBICAP Securities Limited,191, Maker Towers F, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai 400 005 For any information contact us:Toll Free: MTNL/BSNL Users: 1800-22-3345 / Private Telecom Users: 1800-209-9345 Or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgDISCLAIMER:SBI Capital Markets Limited (SBIC AP) is a full-service, integrated Investment Banking company and its wholly o wned subsidiary SBIC AP SecuritiesLtd is a Stock Broking Company having memberships on BSE and NSE. SBICAP is also an underwriter of securities. ("SBICAP and SBICAP SecuritiesLtd. are collectively referred to as SBICAP Group") SBICAP has Investment Banking, Adviso ry and other business relationships with a significantpercentage of the companies covered by o ur Research Gro up. Our research professionals provide important inputs into our Investment Banking andother business selection processes.Recipients of this report sho uld assume that SBICAP Gro up is seeking or may seek or will seek Investment Banking, advisory, project finance orother businesses and may receive commission, brokerage, fees or other compensation from the mutual funds or asset management companies thatare the subject of this material/report. SBICAP Group and its officers, directors and emplo yees, including the analysts and others involved in thepreparation or issuance of this material and their dependants, may on the date of this report or from, time to time have "long" or "short" positionsin, act as principal in, and buy o r sell the securities, mutual fund units, or derivatives thereo f of mutual funds, asset management companiesmentioned herein. Our sales peo ple, dealers, traders, advisors and other professionals may provide oral or written market commentary o r tradingstrategies to our clients that reflect opinion that are contrary to the opinions expressed herein, and our proprietary trading and investing businessesmay make investment decisions that are inconsistent with the recommendations expressed herein. SBI Cap Group may have earlier issued or mayissue in future, reports on the mutual funds covered herein with reco mmendations/ information inconsistent or different than those made in thisreport. In reviewing this document, you should be aware that any o r all of the foregoing, among other things, might give rise to or potential conflictsof interest. SBICAP Gro up may rely on information barriers, such as "Chinese Walls" to co ntrol the flow of information contained in one or moreareas within SBICAP Group into other areas, units, gro ups o r affiliates of SBICAP Gro up.This report is for informatio n purposes only and this document/material sho uld not be construed as an offer to sell or the solicitation o f an offer tobuy, purchase or subscribe to any securities or mutual funds, and neither this do cument nor anything contained herein shall form the basis of or berelied upon in connection w ith any contract or co mmitment whatso ever. This document do es not solicit any action based on the material containedherein. It is for the general information of the clients of SBIC AP Group. Though disseminated to clients simultaneo usly, not all clients may receivethis report at the same time. SBIC AP Group will no t treat recipients as clients by virtue o f their receiving this report. It do es not constitute apersonal recommendation or take into account the particular investment objectives, financial situations, or needs of individual clients. Similarly,this document does not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation/circumstances and the particular needs of any specificperson who may receive this document. The securities / mutual funds discussed in this report may not be suitable for all the investors. The securitiesdescribed herein may not be eligible fo r sale in all jurisdictions or to all categories of investors. The appropriateness of a particular investment orstrategy will depend on an investo rs individual circumstances and objectives. Persons who may receive this document should consider andindependently evaluate whether it is suitable for his/ her/their particular circumstances and, if necessary, seek professional/financial advice. Anysuch person shall be responsible for co nducting his/her/their ow n investigation and analysis of the informatio n contained or referred to in thisdocument and of evaluating the merits and risks involved in the securities / mutual funds forming the subject matter of this document.The price and NAVs of the investments referred to in this do cument/material and the income from them may go down as w ell as up, and investorsmay realize lo sses on any investments. Past performance is no t a guide for future perfo rmance. Future returns are not guaranteed and a loss oforiginal capital may occur. Actual results may differ materially from those set forth in projections. Fo rward-looking statements are no t predictionsand may be subject to change without no tice. SBIC AP Group does not provide tax advise to its clients, and all investors are strongly advised toconsult regarding any potential investment. SBICAP Group and its affiliates accept no liabilities fo r any loss or damage of any kind arising o ut of theuse of this repo rt.This report/document has been prepared by SBICAP Group based upo n info rmation available to the public and sources, believed to be reliable.Though utmost care has been taken to ensure its accuracy, no representatio n or warranty, express or implied is made that it is accurate or complete.SBICAP Group has reviewed the repo rt and, in so far as it includes current or historical information, it is believed to be reliable, although itsaccuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed. SBIC AP Group endeavo rs to update on a reasonable basis the information discussed in thisdocument/material, but regulatory, compliance or other reaso ns may prevent us fro m doing so. The opinions expressed in this document/materialare subject to change w ithout notice and have no obligation to tell you when opinions or information in this report change.This report o r reco mmendations or informatio n contained herein do /does not constitute or purport to constitute investment advice in publiclyaccessible media and should not be reproduced, transmitted or published by the recipient. The report is for the use and consumption of the recipientonly. This publicatio n may not be distributed to the public used by the public media without the express written consent of SBICAP Gro up. Thisreport o r any portion hereof may not be printed, sold or distributed without the written consent of SBICAP Gro up. Neither this document nor anycopy of it may be taken or transmitted into the United State (to U.S. Perso ns), Canada, or Japan or distributed, directly or indirectly, in the UnitedStates o r Canada o r distributed or redistributed in Japan o r to any resident thereof. The distribution of this document in other jurisdictions may berestricted by law, and persons into who se po ssession this do cument comes should inform themselves abo ut, and observe, any such restrictio ns.Neither SBICAP Group nor its directors, emplo yees, agents or representatives shall be liable for any damages whether direct or indirect, incidental,special or co nsequential including lost revenue o r lost profits that may arise from o r in connection with the use of the information. Mutual fundschemes and investments are subject to market risks. Please read the Offer Document carefully before investing.