2. The nearer kinsman turned down the opportunity to redeem Ruth and Naomi. In going to Moab during the famine, Naomi and Elimelech brought death and trouble into their lives. After the deaths of her husband and two sons, Naomi repented and returned to the Promised Land.
3. 11 And all the people that were in the gate, and the elders, said, We are witnesses. The Lord make the woman that is come into thine house like Rachel and like Leah, which two did build the house of Israel: and do thou worthily in Ephratah, and be famous in Bethlehem: Like Ruth, Rachel had been barren for many years before God gave her children. The sons of both Leah and Rachel were important in the Plan of God . So would be the sons of Ruth and Boaz.
4. 12 And let thy house be like the house of Pharez, whom Tamar bare unto Judah, of the seed which the Lord shall give thee of this young woman. Although Judah tried to avoid the responsibility of providing a husband for the widowed Tamar, He finally married her himself. She bore Pharez ( Perez ) unto Judah, and his descendants settled in Bethlehem , And Boaz was a descendant of Perez.
5. 13 So Boaz took Ruth, and she was his wife: and when he went in unto her, the Lord gave her conception, and she bare a son. Love, marriage, conception, birth The Lord gave her conception. She bare a son.
6. 14 And the women said unto Naomi , Blessed be the Lord, which hath not left thee this day without a kinsman, that his name may be famous in Israel. God had blessed Naomi richly through the daughter-in-law she didn't think worth mentioning upon her return to Bethlehem. When Naomi returned to Bethlehem, she was bitter , claiming to have nothing left to live for.
7. God wants to take away our emptiness , and fill us with good things. He wants to take away our bitterness , and fill us with joy unspeakable. Ephesians 4 31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
8. Isaiah 61 1-3 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me; because the Lord hath anointed Me to preach good tidings unto the meek; He hath sent Me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes , the oil of joy for mourning , the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness ; that they might be called trees of righteousness , the planting of the Lord , that He might be glorified .
9. Only when we have allowed God to bless us as He wants to bless us, Can we glorify Him with our lives. Turn loose of the bitterness and anger. Turn loose of the grief . Turn loose of the bondage. Turn loose of the spirit of heaviness . This kind of life does not glorify our Father. Who would want to be in such a family ?
10. Receive the beautiful life God has for you. Receive beauty for ashes. Receive the oil of joy . Receive the garment of praise. A happy Christian, who is at peace within himself, and at peace with those around him
11. 15 And he shall be unto thee (Naomi) a restorer of thy life, and a nourisher of thine old age: for thy daughter-in-law, which loveth thee, which is better to thee than seven sons, hath born him. 16 And Naomi took the child, and laid it in her bosom, and became nurse unto it. For a woman to have 7 sons was considered the ultimate blessing, But Ruth had been better to Naomi than 7 sons. Naomi was blessed to take care of her grandson as if he were her own.
12. 17 And the women her neighbors gave it a name, saying, There is a son born to Naomi; and they called his name Obed : he is the father of Jesse , the father of David . Obed was King David's grandpa; Ruth was his great-grandma. Naomi was his great-great grandma. Eventually, Jesus , the Christ, the Son of God Would be born into this family .
13. 18 Now these are the generations of Pharez: Pharez begat Hezron, 19 And Hezron begat Ram, and Ram begat Amminadab, 20 And Amminadab begat Nahshon, and Nahshon begat Salmon, 21 And Salmon begat Boaz, and Boaz begat Obed , 22 And Obed begat Jesse , and Jesse begat David .
14. Obed was the father of the greatest kings Israel would ever know, And he was born in the darkest time in Israel's history. Ruth was the great, great, grandmother of King David . David's son Solomon was Israel's greatest king in his day. But a greater than he is coming: Jesus Christ
15. From this line was born Jesus , the Savior of all the world. Do you see how the Lord can take wrong and make it right ? Perez was conceived in sin , due to Judah's stubbornness. Ruth was a Moabite , a people out of the incestuous union of Lot with his daughter.
16. When it seems that God is no longer working in your life; Like Naomi, you feel your life is empty;
17. He has not forsaken you, and will not forsake you. Isaiah 59 1 Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither His ear heavy, that it cannot hear: 2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid His face from you, that He will not hear.
18. If there is any distance in the relationship of a child of God and his Heavenly Father, Draw nigh to God through repentance, and He will draw nigh unto You. If the connection is broken , and your prayers aren't getting through, The problem is not on God's end.
19. Sunday, November 7 at 6 PM Pure Heart Music Ministry October 3, 2010 Saturday, November 13 at 2 PM Church Fellowship and Dinner Cloudland Canyon Saturday, November 20 at 8 AM Men's Fellowship and Meeting