1. The Apostle Paul wrote letters to many churches. While at Corinth around 57-58 A.D. he wrote to the Christians in Rome .
2. Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the Power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Paul was proud to tell people the Gospel of Christ . Jesus is the Way to come to God. He shed His Blood to wash away our sins. He rose from the dead on the third day.
3. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the Power of God unto salvation. For everyone who believes it with his whole heart . In John 3:16 Jesus said, " Whosoever. "
4. "To the Jew first" Jesus came to His Own , and His Own received Him not . Certainly, individual Jews received Him. But He was rejected by the nation's rulers and religious leaders . At times there were thousands following Jesus, But for the wrong reasons .
5. John 6 26 Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek Me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled. 27 Labor not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for Him hath God the Father sealed. When people seek Jesus for temporal rewards , they won't follow Him in tough times. They won't remain loyal; they will quit.
6. When it came down to choosing time, John 6 66 From that time many of His disciples went back, and walked no more with Him. Jesus came -- to the Jew first and also to the Greek . We have the same opportunity as the Jews. Most people stoop at standing time.
7. 17 For therein (Gospel) is the Righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. God is a just and holy God, and we are guilty sinners. It is necessary that we have a righteous-ness to appear in before Him: there is such a righteousness brought in by the Messiah, and made known in the Gospel; a gracious method of acceptance, notwithstanding the guilt of our sins. It is the righteousness of Christ, Who is God, coming from a satisfaction of infinite value. Matthew Henry Concise Bible Commentary.
8. Faith is all in all, both in the beginning and progress of Christian life. It is not from faith to works, as if faith put us into a justified state, and then works kept us in it; but it is all along from faith to faith; it is faith pressing forward, and gaining the victory over unbelief. Matthew Henry Concise Bible Commentary. Those who believe God will live our lives His Way; Not to be saved or to stay saved , But because we love Him and trust Him. We know that His Way is good, acceptable, and perfect.
9. Ephesians 2 8-10 For by grace are ye saved through faith ; and that (the faith) not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works , which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them . James 2 19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
10. There is no benefit to believing in God , unless we place our faith in Jesus Christ for salvation. It's not God's Will that any should perish; it's God's desire that everyone should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 Will you turn from sin unto God?
11. The heart's desire of every born again child of God is that he might obey His Heavenly Father. 1 John 3 21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. 22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of Him, because we keep His Commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in His sight . 23 And this is His Commandment, That we should believe on the Name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as He gave us Commandment. Every Commandment is fulfilled as we love God and one another.
12. 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the Truth in unrighteousness; 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
13. No one can claim to have lived fully according to the Light that God has given. Not one can truthfully say , "I have fulfilled all my obligations of love to God and men." Men do hold the Truth of God in unrighteousness. God has put it in us to know right from wrong. Our consciences condemn us.
14. Some have willfully disobeyed God until their conscience is seared . 1 Timothy 4 1-2 Some go farther than others in rebelling against the righteousness of God, but All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. Romans 3:23 They can feel neither conviction nor remorse .
15. We all need a Savior. We can only stand before God in the Righteousness of Jesus Christ . In His Righteousness we are made perfect . Outside of His righteousness, We are guilty sinners with no hope.
16. Pure Heart Music Ministries www.rossvillechurch.com www.pureheartmusic.org/ Progressive Southern Gospel Singing in concert: 781 Salem Road, Rossville, GA 30741 Sunday night, November 7 at 6:00
17. November 13 at 2 PM Church Fellowship and Dinner November 20 5:30 PM