1. Church Working Saturday, August 15 August 5. 2009 Connie and I will be out of town until Saturday afternoon.
2. 1 Peter 2 9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him (excellence; virtue) Who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light: We show forth God's Character as w e submit to His Spirit, let His Fruit be produced in us, and then bear that fruit in the way we live .
3. 3 10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: 11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it. 12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil. Review verse 10
4. 10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: Examine your words; are they helpful or hurtful? Are your words meant to bless, or do you sometimes use words as weapons? We should not speak discouraging words, cutting , hurtful words, doubtful words, ugly words, words of complaint , nor of grumbling .
5. 11a Let him eschew [shun] evil, and do good; Not only words, but deeds. Plan each day to do good, and follow through . Resist the temptation to do hurtful deeds. Be a blessing, and God will bless your life.
6. Evil is anything contrary to the Nature of God . Impatience , irritability , harshness , meanness , Anything hateful , that steals peace and joy. Even a silence can be hateful. Doubt and fear , pride -- going our own way , Lack of discipline which always leads to excess.
7. Psalms 37 3 Trust in the Lord, and do good ; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. 4 Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Whole
8. When we fully believe and understand: God loves us; God is Wisdom; He always knows best. God is all powerful; News Flash : You are not smarter, nor kinder, nor more loving than God.
9. Matthew 5 (Jesus) 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in Heaven: for He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. This is doing good.
10. 1 Thessalonians 5 15-22 See that none render evil for evil unto any man ; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men . Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the Will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Quench not the Spirit. Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil. This is doing good.
11. Proverbs 30 5 Every Word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him . How do we put our trust in God? Live by His every Word . Promises, Conditions, Principles, Words of Wisdom, Commandments,
12. Talk right and do right. That's a major part of showing forth God's excellence to the world.