1. The Battle of Jericho<br />Dan Velez<br />I.R. Project MP4<br />Ms. Pizzuta/ Period 4<br />June 4, 2010<br />By: Sharon M. Draper<br />
2. Jericho seems to be a conformist throughout the entire book.<br />He also is shown eating a lot <br />of “comfort food” and is <br />larger than most kids.<br />Jericho is also very shy when <br />it comes to girls and relationships.<br />Jericho Prescott<br />
3. JoshuaPrescott<br />-He is Jericho’s cousin and is like a brother to him.<br />-He is very trusting and taller than many.<br />Dana Wolfe <br /><ul><li>One of Jericho’s companion during Warrior initiation, she all but forces the Warriors to accept her.
4. She is bold and courageous.
5. She is well-built and athletic.</li></ul>Mr. Tambori<br />-He is a mentor and a great guide for Jericho.<br />-He can be characterized as caring and supportive.<br />-He is a balding man.<br />
6. Significant Objects<br />The Warrior’s Jacket<br />A Gun<br />This jacket was the very reason many people wanted to join the Warriors of Distinction. Only warriors were allowed to wear them.<br />This gun was used to threaten pledges into finishing their tasks, such as jumping out of a third-story window.<br />
7. The apartment building<br />This is the place where potential pledges worked for the Christmas present drive.<br />The school<br />Significant Places<br />Apart from being the place where the protagonists spend most of their life, the school is also the location of the final day of Warrior training. It’s where disaster strikes.<br />
8. During the course of the dance, Jericho, Josh, and Dana receive their official invitations to the Warriors of Distinction.<br />Event 1: The New Year’s Dance<br />
9. Nearly a month after Jericho receives his invitation, the Warriors hold their first meeting. This is the point where a recitation of vows. The rules are also explained.<br />Event 2: The First Meeting <br />
10. When Jericho reports to Mr. Tambori on a assignment, he informs Jericho that hazing is illegal in almost every state. This is the point where Jericho realizes what the Warriors are doing.<br />Event 3: The talk with Mr. Tambori<br />
11. On their last day of Warrior training, Jericho and the rest of the pledge are instructed to jump out of a window on the third floor of their school. It is on this task, that Joshua jumps incorrectly, and is killed brutally. <br />Event 4: The Final Day<br />
12. Right after the incident concerning Josh’s death, the police starts to question the pledges and takes all the senior warriors and teacher involved to prison. Jericho is busy mourning the death of his cousin.<br />Event 5: The end<br />
13. Growing up it all seems so one-sided<br />Opinions all provided<br />The future pre-decided<br />Detached and subdivided<br />In the mass production zone<br />Nowhere is the dreamer or the misfit so alone<br />[Chorus:]<br />In the high school halls<br />In the shopping malls<br />Conform or be cast out<br />In the basement bars<br />In the backs of cars<br />Be cool or be cast out<br />Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth<br />But the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth<br />“Subdivisions” by Rush<br />