From SEO perspective some advantages of having parallax scrolling website are
• Use HTML5/CSS3 (Google favors new technology)
• Parallax website is perfect for link bait.
• The parallax scrolling website has a higher level of interaction with the users
• It increases page view interval and interaction.
• Is known as the parallax effects and it is done using jQuery.
• It looks hot and it is not using Flash, so it is even hotter.
With these advantages it also has some disadvantages, which are,
• A parallax site appears to Google's search engine spiders as one page. Now, that doesn't mean that you
can't rank for that one page, but it's going to be difficult to target multiple keywords on just one page
• Slow: Google favors sites that load quickly. Many parallax sites are image-heavy and take some time to
• Google is smart. Google spiders understand the structure of a page, so they can determine the
importance of content by the position of content on the page-- important content at the top, less
important content at the bottom. With parallax sites, you are trying to fit all the content on to one page,
so the concept of the "fold" goes away and important content is very likely to be positioned at the bottom
of the page. (Disable CSS to see the structure of site)
NOT GREAT FOR SEO
5. Infinite Scrolling
1. Can improve load time (page speed) for pages that have lots of content.
2. Retains visitors on one page, allowing them to view lots of content without a page
3. Template designs can benefit with more cleanness, more room for content and less
distracting elements like the list of numbers for paging.
1. If not properly optimized, pages with lots of content can soak up lots of browser
memory. Desktop computers as well as on mobile devices and tablets can potentially
run out of memory and crash, specially when the page loads tons of images.
2. It makes it extremely difficult for users to view the footer.
3. There is no permalink to a specific section of the page.