While Git is established in the Open Source world, we're only just seeing the emergence of DVCS in our daily jobs. How can DVCS enable us to collaborate in a traditional "enterprise" setting.
Atlassian has fully embraced DVCS and has started to build features into their suite of products to take advantage of this new and exciting paradigm.
The talk will dive deep into the successful git work flows used inside Atlassian. There is no size fit all for this topic and various effective processes can be devised and are in active used at our company.
The talk will also cover tools and techniques used to reduce friction during the development of features and bugfix releases like for example pre/post receive hooks and automatic merges.
* Software Development Practices And DVCS
- Branch vs fork (single server/repo, vs forks)
- Code quality (pre-commit hook, pre-checkout hook, pre-receive, see below)
* Awesome Git Workflows Used Internally At Atlassian
- Continuous Delivery Branching model
- Product Releases Branching model
* Streamlining Your Git Process
- merge vs rebase
- Rebase as cleanup
- Meaningful merges
. hooks in general
. Post-checkout checks
. pre-commit hooks
. Great Pre-receive and Post-receive hooks
- Automatic merges
* How does CI change when you move to git?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.