THE DTI’S INCENTIVE PROGRAMS
Compiled by Dectra
• The Enterprise Organisation (TEO)
• Head office and regional offices
• A DDG in charge
• More than 20 cash grant programs
• Manual / electronic
• Try to contact the DTI by phone
• Email communication
3DTI's Incentive Programs
A niche industry
Specialised knowledge, Experience, systems.
The ICA (Incentive Consultants Association)
Accreditation by DTI
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Some Crooks & Robbers
4DTI's Incentive Programs
GENERAL STRUCTURE OF INCENTIVE
• Generic / Sector specific
• Subsidise input costs
• Cost sharing (never 100%)
• Taxable/tax free
• Two stages: Apply; claim.
• Application based on projections: Qualifying requirements
• Claims verified by inspectors & your auditors: Performance requirements
5DTI's Incentive Programs
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
• Does the government have the money?
• Is it only for Black people?
• Am I too rich or too poor perhaps?
• Can I get a grant to start my project?
• Is it worth the trouble?
• How long will it take?
• How do they pay it?
• Can I explain my situation to the DTI?
6DTI's Incentive Programs
THE ROLE OF AUDITORS
• Factual findings report
• Financial statements
• Management accounts
• Divisional accounts
• NB: alert clients about incentive support
10DTI's Incentive Programs
• Large variety of incentive programs
• Incentives are almost always valuable
• But not always useful
• Lack of experience and of system could cost you
– 021 939 7496
11DTI's Incentive Programs
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.