•I’m going to showroom first, then
buy it later.
•In August 2013 the worlds first
schmeat hamburger was eaten.
•Onlinguitos come from Colombia
•In the last year the price of bitcoin
has risen to over $200
•Let’s take a selfie.
•I have no plans this weekend, so I
will just binge-watch Breaking Bad.
•Write what you think each word means on the
space in the worksheet.
•Ask each other the questions ‘What do you think
•Collect 4 different answers for what each word
•Gather your answers and in your group decide
what the most likely answer for each word is.
•Tell the class what you think the meaning to each
Selfie - a photograph that one has
taken of oneself, typically one taken
with a smartphone or webcam and
uploaded to a social media website.
•Looking at a product in a shop, then
buying the product cheaper on the
•A form of meat produced
sythetically from biological tissue.
•A small fury mammal discovered in
•A digital currency.
•A picture taken of oneself typically
using a smartphone.
•To watch multiple episodes of a TV
show in succession.
1. When was the first recorded use of selfie?
2. Where was the first recorded use of selfie?
3. Why was the word selfie used?
4. Which websites was it used on first?
5. In the last year how much has usage of selfie
6. What do you think zeigeist means?
2. An internet forum
3. A man blamed the poor quality of a photo on it
being a selfie.
4. Myspace, Flickr
6. Defining the spirit or feel of the time
•Why do you think the word selfie captures the
zeitgeist of 2013?
•Why has it’s usage become more frequent?
•What has enabled selfies to become popular?