1. Gamification – The Power of Gameful Design Dudi Peles April 2012
2. About MeFounder of Jivy Group, PlayfulSharkAdvisor & Mentor for startupsTeacher: Beit Berl, HITPhD student: STS @ Bar IlanActive & founding member inGameISBlog: www.dudipeles.comMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The next 60 minutesVideo Games & Theory of Gamification game design Examples Questions
4. During the presentation when yousee a game you recognize, write it down. At the end of the presentation a valuable reward will be given tothe one who recognized the most games
5. Video Games
6. For the past 40 years game designers turned fun making into science
7. Games interact with real life
8. Games are changing real lifeGames change lives byturning things to fun
9. Games are becoming part of our life in new ways• We use our body as a controller• We use our location in games• We use our real identity in games• We use real life objects in games
10. So we know…Games are funPeople have mastered the art of making funGames affect real lifeWhat now?
11. Fun and theme are not correlated (Game based marketing - Gabe Zichermann)
12. A new word for an old Phenomenon Gamification
13. GamificationThe concept that you can apply the basic elements that make games fun and engaging to things that typically arent considered fun
14. Clarification - What’s not Gamification GamesPlayful Design
16. 10M users, last round evaluation $600M
17. Gameful Design – The Basics
18. Its all aboutUser/Player
19. Lesson No 1: FLOW
20. Lesson No 2: Players motivation Achiever Explorer Socializer Killer Dudi: EAKS: E 73%, A 60%, K 40%, S 27%Why do people enjoy games ? Bartle’s Test
21. Lesson No 3: Game Mechanics
22. Status is the most important thing people play or live for. Status is more important morevaluable then cash. Spending cash is just a way to show off your status. Status
24. Leader board
27. My Gamification Experience
28. Making things more fun• Mobile Recommendation app• Diet web site• Resume writing services• TV Rating app• BI systems• Programming Course
29. Video games Design and Developmentprogram in Bait Berl, active since 2005
30. Introduction to video games programming
31. Introduction to video games programming
32. Introduction to video games programming
33. Introduction to video games programming
34. Introduction to video games programming
35. Was it worth it ?
36. Students Emersion: Attendance: 80% -> 100% Exercise submitting: 74% -> 98%Student Mail Interaction: 500% raise
37. Was it more fun ? When asked to pick the 3 most funcourses out of 14, 50% of the students chose the programming course !
38. Who have more then 25 games ?
39. Video Game Master
40. Questions?If you don’t feel like asking now send me a mail: email@example.com
41. More about Gamificationhttp://gamification.co/ http://gamification.org/wiki/Encyclopedia
44. GameIS• Constitute an official body that nurtures the local community.• Serve as an official representative with institutional, commercial, academic, and media entities.• To represent the local industry to international community.
45. Thank youFor any question just mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org