Quality : Create unique, interesting and useful content.Trust: Work on getting trustworthy sites linking to your site. Be sure to manage the anchor text they use.Popularity: Being popular helps. While quality of your inbound links matters more, having a number of trustworthy links pointed at your content helps, too.Timeliness: Practice frequent updating of your sites or blogs. Visitors like to know your site is current.Simplicity: Make it easy to Like and Share content. Enable functionality which encourages visitors to share your content. Share: Include links in Tweets and Updates via your own social spaces. As we’ve seen, the perceived quality of your tweets and posts increases when you include links to relevant, useful content.Relationships: Seek ways to encourage trust-worthy people to share your links or tweets. Avoid spammy clumps or groups who randomly retweet or like things. Organic is best.Frequency: The number of people retweeting or Liking what you said/shared in the last minute, hour, day, week is easily seen by the engines. Work to increase your influence.Change: Be prepared to turn on a dime, and for the flash mob as new things go viral. Focus shifts quickly today, so be ready to take advantage of shifts as they occur.
1. what does duane do at bing Bing Webmaster Tools Speaks at shows, runs forums and blog, provides guidance on new WM tools www.bing.com/toolbox/webmasters Does he have a clue? 12+ years as an inhouse SEO; ran seo at MSN; has helped Disney, GAP, Walmart + http://www.linkedin.com/in/dforrester @duaneforrester And this helps me how? Blogging since 2001; owns 150 domains; actively optimizes and monetizes http://twitter.com/DuaneForresterYour data, always fully provided.
2. • Query is a single action • Session is a collection of related actions over time Query Session dog • Monday • Tuesday • dog beds • dog sweaters • dog accessories • dog collars • dog toys • dog leashes • vet near me • puppy training • dog friendly hotels • dog park • organic dog food • dog allergies • doggy day care • pictures of dogsYour data, always fully provided.
3. DO – Mark Up Your ContentSchema.org can helpYour data, always fully provided.
4. DO - Prepare for MobileYour data, always fully provided.
8. DO – Stay Focused on the Big Picture Content Social User Experience Link Building SEOYour data, always fully provided.
9. • Every area of your site has a value - $, PV, Emails, etc. • Determine what the value is • Sort your site by value to see what really matters • Organize work around high- value areas firstYour data, always fully provided.
10. • So you want more shares for your content, do you? Try these ideas. • Create lists: people love to consume content in list-form. Its quick, easy and simple. • Use hooks: ego, humor, anger, contrarian – be careful with them, but when used well, they are highly effective. • Participate in communities: when you are valued member of a community, the community supports you. • Share others’ information: people love when what they share gets shared itself. Share from trusted sources. • Ask questions: your followers will love the interaction and it’ll grow your following as others engage. Your data, always fully provided.