MGA policy linkages model
• This is a “what‐if” model, not a “what‐should‐
• Emphasis on how policies might change
• Focus on links among policy actions, not on
implication of stand‐alone actions
How policies influence outcomes
policy DECISIONS outcomes
• People/Firms do the best they can with what
• People/Firms choose lowest‐cost activity that is
financially, legally, and technically feasible.
• Government sets the stage so that people/firms,
in doing what’s best for themselves, do what’s
best for Society.