The value of asking why
- 1,158 views
For a number of years key global themes have emerged in UX: ...
For a number of years key global themes have emerged in UX:
* UX Professionals are not feeling valued enough to be included in the upfront strategic product planning to help drive product success. A feeling sometimes described as ‘not invited’
* The term UX is not always well understood organizationally or in the market place.
* It’s hard to sell the ‘value of what we do’ with some people feeling forced to use reactionary methods to sell UX.
* Limited time and opportunities, or a perceived lack of time to plan for UX ‘up front in product development’ can result in products that have no value when they reach the market place.
* Why are product teams still jumping too quickly into development without allocating the necessary resources to question value?
This presentation will:
* Guide people towards assessing, understanding and discovering value in order to make valuable stuff in the world.
* Zero in sharply on the on the ‘analysis’ or ‘up front piece’ of product development i.e. at the strategy stage, when products are being planned.
* Look at how to implement ‘value questions’ as part of product planning, so it will provide practical tips along the way.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views