View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Anyone not living under a rock has heard that the hottest social media site right now is Pinterest. And every business owner and marketing firm is scrambling to figure out the best ways to use it for their own marketing strategies.
• Pinterest is a highly addictive pinboard, dream-board or corkboard site. It is really a social bookmarking site based on beautiful, eye-catching photos instead of text.
Using Pinterest you can:•Pin (upload or share), re-pin from other boards,like others’ pins, and comment on otherpeople’s pins•Share, discuss and organize interesting photosand how-to ideas that you create or discover allover the Internet
• Link those photos back to its source website – Your site or blog – Your client’s site or blog – An affiliate link• Add a URL in the comments section that is clickable and searchable within Pinterest
• Build a community of followers who look for your photos and your pins so they can re-pin them on their boards• Create pins that go viral to increase your Pinterest popularity and bring more traffic to yours and your client’s business
This is why business owners should start utilizingPinterest to market their company. It is simple to useand is an excellent way to increase sales, provide leadsand drive traffic to your site.Just so you understand the impact that Pinterest hashad, let me share a few statistics that you may havealready seen. The meteoric rise in popularity ofPinterest still boggles the mind!
• Pinterest is now the 3rd Most Popular Social Network on the planet!• Pinterest users spend an average of almost 16 minutes on the site per visit (compared to 12.1 for Facebook).
Pinterest received 17.8 million U.S. unique visitors in February!
• Pinterest traffic grew 52% between January and February of 2012, overtaking Tumblr, LinkedIn, and Google+ in number of visits in February.• Pinterest user engagement is up to 89 minutes per month on the site.
• Pinterest receives almost 1.5 million visitors each day.
• Pinterest provides more referral traffic to other sites than Google+, YouTube and LinkedIn combined
• Understanding these demographics is really quite important. Many businesses see Pinterest as just another fun, useless site.• But consider the following statistics:
• 85% of all brand purchases are made by women• 22% shop online at least once a day• 92% pass along information about deals or finds to others• 171: average number of contacts in their e-mail or mobile lists• 76% want to be part of a special or select panel (hello?? Surveys)• 58% would toss a TV if they had to get rid of one digital device (only 11% would ditch their laptops)• 51% are Moms• Women spent 80% of all sport apparel dollars and controlled 60% of all money spent on men’s clothing• Women comprise about one-third (34%) of the adult audience for ESPN sport event programs
• So, how do you get started with marketing on Pinterest• First – request an Invite if you aren’t already on the site. I can send you one.• Create an account for your business and then start pinning and re-pinning items you see that you like.
Here’s an example of an SEO firm’s Pinterestpage