2. Agenda+ Multilingual Motivation+ Multilingual Challenges+ What might go wrong in website Localization+ How to do it right – Websites Translation+ Practical tools, techniques & solutions
3. FACTS ABOUT INTERNET USERS – THE LINGUISTIC PERSPECTIVE
4. 70% OF INTERNET USERS ARENOT NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS
5. 65% OF INTERNET USERS RATHER READCONTENT IN THEIR NATIVE LANGUAGE
6. 50 LANGUAGES COVER 96% OF INTERNET USERS
7. To Summarize:• Most Internet users are not native English speakers and rather read content in their native language.• Professional translation of content extends the reach and increases the effectively of the message.• Since online content changes rapidly a fast professional translation service is needed to keep the translated material up-to-date.
8. Conclusion:Professionally translated content reaches more people more effectively
9. Challenges and Solutions+ Professionalism (Human!)+ Quality Assurance+ Speed?!+ Technology at your service OneHourTranslation
10. Translation speed:Translated content has to keep-up with the original content generation rate. Thus, fast professional translation is required.
12. ONEHOURTRANSLATION Website Translation• Content types• Plugins• OHT API• WeST™ - Web Site Translation
13. Content types• Menus and interface - .POT & .PO files • General WP menus – Mostly localized • Site specific menus – Not localized• Posts, pages • Unique posts and pages – Not localized • Multiple solutions: automated and professional
14. Translation interface types• WP admin side translation – multiple plugins• WP front side translation - Transposh• API translation – 3rd party interface - OHT
15. Plugins• One post per language• All languages for each post in the same post• Manage translations on the generated page• Plugins that direct you to external translation services• Link together separate WordPress installations
16. WeST API• Professional translation• Provides 3rd party (One Hour Translation) translation environment and editors• Automated send and receive process• Scalable• No need to grant access to individuals• SEO friendly (depends implementation)
17. WeST JS• Professional translation• Platform independent• Automatically keeps all content up-to-date in up to 70 languages• No need for complicated integration• No changes to local DB• 3rd party translation interface
18. WeST JS
19. ONEHOURTRANSLATION USES ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES:• Translation Memory• API• WeST™ - Web Site Translation• TransBox – Translate from your Inbox• Real Time Reviews• Strings• Translators Workbench• Machine Translation Detector
20. In Brief:• One Hour Translation is built to provide high-quality translation fast.• It is processing over 60,000 projects a month.• Works with 57% of Fortune 500 companies.• Has thousands of satisfied customers.• Monitor quality of every project both manually and automatically.• The only service with count-down timer, guaranteeing on-time translation delivery.
21. THANK Y ULooking Forward to Translating your Website www.onehourtranslation.com