View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Survival Marketing in Action
Sell to hot leads
Sigh in relief
1. Lost traffic
2. Lost leads
3. Lost customers
Problems With Survival Marketing
1. We are frequently chasing the next deal
(The market is in control)
2. Our marketing is often disjointed
(on again, off again)
3. We don’t have confidence that our marketing plan will bring
a surplus of customers
[We’ve been there]
Just because you’ve captured a lead
doesn’t mean you’ve earned the right…
setting up a 42-step auto-responder
to hammer people
It’s about being
To establish trust, educate,
The “Why” Behind Nurturing
81% of sales happen after
__ or more contacts
85% of the time we stop after
__ or __ contacts
*As referenced from a study of the Sales and Marketing Executive Club of Los Angeles
The Cost of Not Nurturing
And the Other
• Fall through the cracks
• ZERO follow-up
• They'll go to your
• It’s all about TIMING!
1. Spent thousands on marketing and were
getting poor results.
2. Discovered gold with educational marketing
3. Benefits of Magnet:
spend by more than 50%
At the same time,
Example: Original Runner Company
From Shoebox to
Today: 20 different lead nurture
follow up systems
• Sample swatch + follow up
• Based on wedding date
Conversion by 60%!
Example: Minutes Matter
Used lead nurture campaign to
follow up with Free Trial prospects:
• Day 1: Fast Track Plan (sets expectations and preps
them for success coach)
• Day 3: Welcome
• Day 6: Meet success coach
• Day 14: Series of how-to’s and Studio tips
• Day 20: Four-day special 20 percent off
• Day 30: Last day of trial
• Day 45: We haven’t heard from you
Increased conversion by 30%!
How many prospects do you
“drop” each month because
they aren’t ready to buy today?
Earn the right
HELPFUL VERSUS PUSHY
[Eliminate the Salesman Stigma]
Human Healthy Vending
Were spending 8-10 hours per prospect
Changed model so reps only talked with qualified,
educated prospects (magnets)
Decreased time spent selling by 75%
They operate like a 20-person
Grew from 0 to $5M+
in 3 years
Private Counsel (Attorney)
• Problems: Impatient shoppers, Client frustration
• Solution: use content, videos, reports & emails,
free value to the prospect/client
• Breaks mold & pre-empts questions
• Closes 100% of his appointments
How many additional
prospects would buy
each month with great
5 Reasons Wowing Customers is Important
Affirms buying decision.
Excites customer about spending money with you and your
Is an extension of your marketing.
Creates opportunities to upsell (more touches).
Leads to referrals, gives you a platform to ask for them.
Customer Wow Strategies
1. Lottery ticket stapled to invoice.
2. CD/DVD telling company story, and what they are to expect as
3. Starbucks “welcome to the
family” gift card.
4. Gift Card to Restaurant.com
The Customer WOW Challenge
What could you do to “WOW”
every new customer?
How many customers decide to
stop doing business with you
each month because you failed
to WOW them?