1. Talent Show Video Texting Video CyberBullying Video
2. What is Cyberbullying?Cyberbullying is willful and repeated harm inflicted throughthe use of computers, cell phones or other electronic devices.Characteristics of Cyberbullying1. Wilfull - the behaviour has to be deliberate, not accidental2. Repeated - bullying reflects a pattern of behaviour, not just one isolated incident3. Harm - the target must perceive that harm was inflicted4. Uses Technology - Computers, cellphones etc.
3. Synonyms for Cyberbullying electronic bullying e- bullying cyber harassment text bullying SMS bullying mobile bullying digital bullying internet bullying online social cruelty
4. How Cyberbullying Happens1. Anonymity: bullies feel they can remain anonymous. This makes them feel a sense of strength or bravery.2. Disinhibition: people feel they do not need to be responsible for their actions3. Lack of Supervision: parents / teachers are often not able to "police" technology4. Viral Nature: harmful or humiliating content can be sent to a large number of people in a short period of time5. Limitless Victimization Risk: electronic devices allow individuals to contact others at all times and almost all places
5. Where Cyberbullying Takes Place email chat rooms voting /rating websites blogging sites, online gaming instant messaging cell phones
6. Creating Safe Passwords1. Use passwords with at least seven characters2. Use a mixture of upper and lower case letters, numbers and non alphabetic characters3. Use first letters of an uncommon sentence, song, poem etc.4. Use word fragments not found in the dictionary5. Use short words separated by characters (ie. Candy$tore)6. Use “transliteration” (ie. license plate lingo)7. Use phrases from songs or movies
7. Reasons For Cyberbullying2520151050 To get They For fun I hate Join the They Vent Other revenge deserved them crowd picked on anger it me
8. What do I do if I witness cyberbullying• Document what they see and when• Dont encourage the behaviour• Dont forward hurtful messages• Dont laugh at inappropriate jokes• Dont condone the act just to fit in• Dont silently allow it to continue• Stand up for the victim• Tell an adult you trust
9. What do I do if I am Cyberbullied • ignore minor teasing or name calling • block messages from unknown people • dont respond to the bully • keep a log/journal of attacks • keep all evidence of bullying • talk to an adult you trust
10. Consolidation & Review Read and discuss the scenarios you were given. Pick 3 to answer the questions. Be prepared to share your answer with the group.