Where do you want to go?
Geography Geography 2 Geography 3
Geography 4 Geography 5 Geography 6
Geography 7 Geography 8 Major sports
Major sports 2 Major sports 3 Major sports 4
People Economy Government
Click here to exit
• In Poland their neighboring country is
• Also they have the Carpathian mountain
range on the Southern border.
• The country is in central Europe.
• It is the 69th largest country in the world.
• The total land is 312,679 square
• Sometimes Arctic air blows down from the
North Atlantic Ocean.
• Subtropical winds come from the South
• The hottest cities in Poland are: Tarnow,
Wroclaw, and Slubice.
• Poland is a little smaller than New Mexico.
• Winter Temperatures in mountain valleys
can go to 4 degrees F below.
• When they start autumn it is generally
warm and sunny until the rain starts.
• The average rain Poland gets a year is
• Poland has 9,300 lakes
• That’s almost 10% (10,000 square meters)
of the land.
• The lowest point of Poland is Raczki
Elblaskie at -1,8 M
• The highest point of Poland is Rysy at
• The capital of Poland is Warsaw.
• 29% of land is forest or woodland
• There are 23 national parks in Poland.
• Biebrza is one of the larger ones.
• It is 592.23 km squared
• The Coastline of Poland is 491 km.
• 15% of crops in Poland are permanent.
• Some of their resources are: coal, sulfur,
copper, natural gas, iron, zinc, lead, and
• The people in Poland speak Polish.
• The population is about 38,482,919.
• 97% of the people there are Polish.
• 90% of people are Roman Catholic.
• They celebrate Christmas and Easter like
• The Roman Catholic Church in Poland
enjoys big social events.
• Poland’s budget is 91.4 billion Zloty
• $1 in U.S. = 2.83 Zloty
• 6th largest economy in the EU
• President election happen every 5 years.
• Prime minister is the head of government.
Poland’s Major disaster
• In 1934, in Poland, there was a major
• The total destruction is that 1,260 KM of
• 55 people were killed.
Poland’s major disaster 2
• 22,059 building were either damaged or
• 167 KM of roads were destroyed.
• Also 78 bridges were destroyed.
Poland’s Major disaster 3
• 12 million U.S. dollars (60 million Polish
zlotys) is what it would take to fix the
• In Poland there are many sports one is
• Others include hockey, handball, Track
and field, and boxing.
• Soccer is Poland’s most popular sport.
Major sports 2
• Hockey is another sport in Poland.
• Mariusz Czerkawski was a Polish hockey
player, born in Radomsko, Poland.
• He played in the NHL for four years
Major sports 3
• Baltic beaches were where Polish people fish,
canoe, and kayak.
• They also have other water sports they like to
• Even though the beaches do not have many
competitions it is a past-time that they enjoy.
Major sports 4
• In Poland mountains were the spots for
winter and summer fun.
• The Polish enjoy hiking, mountain biking,
skiing, and, because of the resorts, get
millions of tourists each year.
• As you can see the mountains in Poland
were very good spots for vacationers.