Cynthia Chandler, Ed D
School of Education, Educational Technology
Find Curriculum and Resources at: www.tinyurl.com/nuzen
Making PowerPoint less Pointless with morePizzazz!
1. Presentations verbal + visual
3. Audience and the Purpose
4. Practice Storytellingand Practice
7. Rule of Thirds http://sixminutes.dlugan.com/rule-of-thirds-powerpoint/
8. Graphics are King/Queen
9. Use the notes section of PPT
10. Try alternatives, Prezi, Slideshare, Screenshare, and the One-Page Handout
Dale, E. (1946). Cone of Experience.
Microsoft Corporation, http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint/
Rostarchuk, A. Effective presentations in the classroom. Slideshare presentation.
Reynolds, G. Presentation Zen, How to Design & Deliver Presentations Like a Pro,
Robinson, B. (2010). ELA Presentation, San Diego County Office of Education.
Sistek-Chandler, C. (2014). Presentation Zen, Online Resource Guide, My-eCoach,
Sistek-Chandler, C. (2008). PowerPoint Overview, Presentation and Training to San
Diego County Office of Education, AB 75, School Administrators.