On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
HHS: Using Tech To Reduce Paper UsagePresentation Transcript
USING TECHNOLOGY TO
REDUCE PAPER USAGE
SMART NOTEBOOK & SMART TOOLS
• Use SMART Notebook to take notes and export them as PDFs to post
on a Learning Management System like Edmodo
• Use the Handwriting Recognition software in notebook to turn
handwritten notes into text
• Use Screen Capture tools to capture pictures and other multi-media
• Post Agenda, Learning Objectives, Targets, etc.
CREATE A WEB PRESENCE
• Post assignments for students to download or print off
• Post online modules (many already created) to deepen learning
• Try sites like Udemy, Triptico, Blendspace, Ted-ED, Coursera
• Post and utilize infographics (combination of text and image) to
convey large pieces of data in a visually concise way
GET IN THE CLOUD
• Use Evernote and LiveBinder to create dynamic coursepacks that
students and teachers can add resources to.
• Use Skitch to annotate screen captures, pictures, and other media for
demonstrations, diagrams, and charts
• Use Symbaloo to organize common digital bookmarks for class use.
• Use Scoop.it to create coursepacks of articles for students to read,
share, and annotate
GET TO KNOW ONLINE COLLABORATIVE
Have students add you/peers as an editor or collaborator on their papers.
Use Google Education apps to work collaboratively, in real time, on class
*check out Google Docs/Drive, Microsoft Skydrive and Office Web Apps
Scan print resources and create digital versions then upload them into a
digital storage system