3. Intel Confidential 3Legal Notices and Disclaimers, cont.• Hyper-Threading Technology requires a computer system with a processor supporting HT Technology and an HT Technology-enabled chipset, BIOS and operatingsystem. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software you use. For more information including details on which processors support HTTechnology, see here• Requires an Intel® Wireless Display enabled PC, TV Adapter, and compatible television. Available on select Intel® Core processors. Does not support Blu-Ray or otherprotected content playback. Consult your PC manufacturer. For more information, see www.intel.com/go/wirelessdisplay• (Built-in Visuals) Available on the 2nd gen Intel® Core™ processor family. Includes Intel® HD Graphics, Intel® Quick Sync Video, Intel® Clear Video HD Technology, Intel®InTru™ 3D Technology, and Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions. Also optionally includes Intel® Wireless Display depending on whether enabled on a given system or not.Whether you will receive the benefits of built-in visuals depends upon the particular design of the PC you choose. Consult your PC manufacturer whether built-invisuals are enabled on your system. Learn more about built-in visuals at http://www.intel.com/technology/visualtechnology/index.htm.• Intel® Insider™ is a hardware-based content protection mechanism. Requires a 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processor-based PC with built-in visuals enabled, an Internetconnection, and content purchase or rental from qualified providers. Consult your PC manufacturer. For more information, visit www.intel.com/go/intelinsider.• Security features enabled by Intel® AMT require an enabled chipset, network hardware and software and a corporate network connection. Intel AMT may not beavailable or certain capabilities may be limited over a host OS-based VPN or when connecting wirelessly, on battery power, sleeping, hibernating or powered off. Setuprequires configuration and may require scripting with the management console or further integration into existing security frameworks, and modifications orimplementation of new business processes. For more information, see http://www.intel.com/technology/manage/iamt.• No system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Requires an enabled chipset, BIOS, firmware and software and a subscription with a capable ServiceProvider. Consult your system manufacturer and Service Provider for availability and functionality. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems orany other damages resulting thereof. For more information, visit http://www.intel.com/go/anti-theft• Requires an Execute Disable Bit enabled system. Check with your PC manufacturer to determine whether your system delivers this functionality. For moreinformation, visit http://www.intel.com/technology/xdbit/index.htm
4. Intel Confidential 4Legal Notices and Disclaimers, cont.• Intel® vPro™ Technology is sophisticated and requires setup and activation. Availability of features and results will depend upon the setup and configuration of yourhardware, software and IT environment. To learn more visit: http://www.intel.com/technology/vpro• The original equipment manufacturer must provide TPM functionality, which requires a TPM-supported BIOS. TPM functionality must be initialized and may not beavailable in all countries.• Intel® AES-NI requires a computer system with an AES-NI enabled processor, as well as non-Intel software to execute the instructions in the correct sequence. AES-NIis available on select Intel® processors. For availability, consult your reseller or system manufacturer. For more information, see http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-advanced-encryption-standard-instructions-aes-ni/• No system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Requires an Intel IPT enabled system, including a 2nd generation Intel Core processor, enabled chipset,firmware, and software. Available only on participating websites. Consult your system manufacturer. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems orany resulting damages. For more information, visit http://www.ipt.intel.com
5. Intel Confidential 5Overview1. Where are we?2. What is coming?3. What does x86 thatmean for a developer4. Optimizations & Tools
6. Intel Confidential 62012 – 2013 Where are we?Portfolio of Intel® Based Phones
7. Intel Confidential 72012 – 2013 External Test“The x86power myth isfinally busted!”April 25th 2012AnandTech“(Es) zeigt sich beim MotorolaRAZRi, […] (das) die Laufzeit-krone errungen werden konnte”November 19th 2012Computerbase.de“Ultimately Intelsfirst smartphone is afoot in the door.”April 25th 2012AnandTech
9. Intel Confidential 10Medfield Phone Clover Trail+ PhoneCPU Intel® Atom™ Z2480 series up to 2.0 Ghz Intel® Atom™ DC Processor with up to 2.13 GhzProcess 32nm 32nmCores/Threads 1C-2T 2C-4TRAM 1 GB LPDDR2 @ 400 Mhz (2GB Max) Up to 4GB LPDDR2 @ 1066 MTS / 800 MTSGPU SGX 540 @ 400 MHz SGX 544MP2 @ 533 MHz / 544MP2 @ 400 MHzCellular Intel® XMMTM 6260 (HSPA+ 21Mbps / HSUPA 5.76Mbps) Intel® XMMTM 6360 (HSPA+ 42Mbps) / LTE UpgradeInternal Storage 16 GB NAND (64GB Package Max) 16 GB NAND (64GB Package Max)Camera8 MP with AF/LED Flash, 1080p30 video recording, 1.3 MPfront facing16 MP with AF/LED Flash, 1080p30 video recording, 2 MPfront facingImaging Image Signal Processor Enhanced Image Signal ProcessorBattery 1460 mAH, 5.4 Wh, 3.7V 2000 mAH, 7.6 Wh, 7.6VSupported OS @ Launch Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Android 4.1 / 4.2 (Jelly Bean)Platform Comparison: Medfield vs. Clover Trail+* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
10. Intel Confidential 9Clover Trail+ PlatformMore Processing Power on the GoPerformance, Quality and TrustExperience even faster web browsing & apps with reliable, longer-lastingbattery lifeSocially Smart CameraEnjoy real-time facial recognition, smart shutter and blur-free image capturefeatures with our socially smart camera.Full HD support for phones and tabletsGet 3X boost in graphics*, 1080p HD Video & audioCut the HDMI Cable with WiDiBeam multimedia content wirelessly with low-latency WiDi in 1080PEnterprise Level SecuritySeamless protection with optimized McAfee MobileSecure hardware DRM and device-level trust with Intel Identity ProtectionTechnology (IPT)* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.1 Performance comparisons derived from Clover Trail + samples made against Intel Medfield phones
11. Intel Confidential 11Feature BenefitsDual core w HT vs. single core w HT Improved performance on workloads that scale with coresDual core GPU 3x graphics performance533 MHz vs 400 MHZ dual-channel LPDDR2 Improved system performanceEnhanced video decoder• MPEG-4,H.264,DivX,VC-1,WMV-9,VP6• HTML5 h/w accelerationEnhanced WiDi• WFA Miracast compliance for interoperability across compliant devices & adapter-free operation• Lower latencies enabling gaming as additional usage modeEnhanced content protection Support for Widevine (Google) & Playready (Netflix) & Mediavault (Warner Bros.) DRMEnhanced GPS Glonass supportModem options w improved modem power efficiency• DC-HSPA+ (6360) and LTE (7160)• Improved modem power efficiency vs 6260 on MDFDAudio offload power savings for audio use casesDisplay self-refresh power savings on idle displayClover Trail+ Platform Improvements vs. Medfield* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
12. Intel Confidential 12Feature BenefitsEnhanced camera MIPI CSI-2 interfacePrimary Camera support for up to 16MP still image captureFull HD 1080p30 video capture with digital video stabilizationSecondary Camera support for up to 2MP still image captureSupports auto-exposure, auto-white balance, and auto-focusZero Shutter Lag with continuous viewfinderBurst shot image capture at 24fps for 8MPContinuous image shooting at 5fps for 8MPReal-time face detection and face recognition for face/friend optimized image captureHDR image capture with image stabilization and scene motion compensationSmart shutter for all smiles/no blinksAutomatic night mode scene detection with advanced noise reductionPanorama captureClover Tail+ Platform Improvements vs. Medfield, cont.* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
19. Intel Confidential 14QnAContacts• Björn Taubertbjoern.email@example.comApplication Engineer for Small Form FactorDevices on Android & Window 8• Alexander Weggerlealexander.firstname.lastname@example.orgTechnical Consulting Engineer Intel ToolsOther Intel Engagements• Talk:Optimizing NDK Projects for multiple CPUarchitectures (Tuesday, 16:20 - 16:50,Alexander)• Intel booth:– Large variaty of hardware– NFC raffle of x86 phones• Inter Developer Zone: bit.ly/x86Droid orsoftware.intel.com/android