Droidcon 2011: Working with the Android source, Ronan Schwarz, Openintents
- 1,229 views
Ronan Schwarz, OpenIntents...
Ronan Schwarz, OpenIntents
In this talk, we will once again walk through the Android Application fundamentals
- but this time from the Framework's point of View.
- You will learn why there is, in fact, no app - only a bunch of Activities.
- What a HistoryRecord is, what it is used for and it's implications for the lifecycle.
- Why ContentProviders are a type of service.
- How the Framework enforces Permissions across the system and what to make of it.
- Why Intents are even way better for RPC calls then is seen at first sight.
We will cover a lot of little tricks and some bigger parts of the Android framework and
it's implementation, giving you new insights for everyday development
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views