1. Educational Psychology Define and differentiate important terms in educational psychology. Developed by Mostafa Ewees (2010)
2. Define & differentiate the following terms: Education: 1) developing the capacities and potential of the individual so as to prepare that individual to be successful in a specific society or culture. From this perspective, education is serving primarily an individual development function.
3. Define & differentiate the following terms: Education: 2) the process by which society transmits to new members the values, beliefs, knowledge, and symbolic expressions to make communication possible within society. In this sense, education is serving a social and cultural function.
4. Schooling: Teaching and learning that takes place in formal environments Define & differentiate the following terms:
5. Psychology: the scientific study of mind and behavior (or behavior and mental processes), especially as it relates to individual human beings Define & differentiate the following terms:
6. Educational Psychology: Combination of psychology and education A distinct scientific discipline within psychology that includes both methods of study and a knowledge base Define & differentiate the following terms:
7. Educational Psychology: Concerned primarily with understanding the processes of teaching and learning that take place within formal environments and developing ways of improving those methods Important topics include learning theories; teaching methods; motivation; cognitive, emotional, and moral development; and parent-child relationships Define & differentiate the following terms:
8. Learning: relatively permanent change in an individual's behavior or behavior potential (or capability) as a result of experience or practice an internal change inferred from behavior Define & differentiate the following terms:
9. Learning: can be compared with the other primary process producing relatively permanent change-- maturation --that results from biological growth and development Define & differentiate the following terms:
10. Teaching: the purposeful direction and management of the learning process Define & differentiate the following terms:
11. Educational Psychology is the scientific discipline that addresses the questions “ Why do some students learn more than others?” and “ What can be done to improve that learning?”