What is Orthodontic Brackets ?
How Invented the Orthodontic Brackets ?
What is the types of the Orthodontics brackets?
They are made mainly from stainless steel or it can more aesthetic like
ceramic or other many material .
The wires interact with the brackets to move teeth into the desired
So there main Function of the Orthodontic bracket is to transmit and direct
the force from arch wire to teeth.
History of Orthodontic Brackets
Edward Angle, an American dentist from Pennsylvania at the turn
of the 20th century is widely considered the creator of modern
So that is why they considered him As father of the modern
The Orthodontic Brackets was invented by Edward Angle Around 1910
Types of the Orthodontics brackets
Stainless steel metal brackets
• they are usually made in combination with nickel titanium
• the most widely used type of brackets.
• Generally they are the most economic .
• but sometimes cause staining of the surface of the teeth.
• They should not be used by those who are allergic to nickel.
• also known as clear brackets they are made of a glass-like composite
material and they are less noticeable than metal braces.
• This type of dental brackets is suitable for patients concerned about their
• They are very expensive.
• But ceramic brackets are also more brittle and prone to breakage, so they
are not recommended for cases that require large pressures to
Orthodontic Brackets Removal
Shear and Tensile are they main force are applied during removing the
A method of debonding an orthodontic bracket attached with an adhesive to
Comprising: applying a debonding force to the bracket at the area of adhesion
between the bracket and the tooth, and removing the bracket from the tooth.
Which is mean to remove the bracket you have to just apply simple twist
Kit ceramic bracket removal
Metal brackets can be removed safely and atraumatically from
the tooth surface via distortion of the base.
However, rigid ceramic brackets present a debonding challenge,
with enamel damage more likely from debonding ceramic as opposed to
doi: 10.1179/146531205225021024 Journal of Orthodontics June 2005 vol. 32 no. 2 146-163
Problems could happen during bracket removal
the method of debonding can lead to diverse problems such as
enamel fractures, enamel loss and enamel scratching.
Ceramic bracket have high esthetic
result but it also have many other
disadvantages specially when with
• enamel roughness after ceramic
• Brakeage of the bracket during
• Large ceramic fragments pose the risk
of aspiration of the material by the
• produce ceramic dust that has been
associated with skin and eye irritation.