Dr. Jayesh Patidar
WHAT IS DELEGATION?
• Delegation involves giving another person a
task for which the delegator remains
• ANALYSIS - Sorting tasks to be delegated
• APPOINTMENT - Naming the delegate
• BRIEFING - Defining the task
• CONTROL - Monitoring and encouraging
• APPRAISAL - Reviewing and revising
• Streamlining your workload results in
– increased time
– reduced stress levels
– motivated and more confident staff
SELECTING TASKS TO
• What tasks am I doing that need not be done
• What am I doing that could be done by
• What tasks am I doing that can only be done
• *Prime tasks for delegation.
CONSIDER THE VARIOUS
ROLES YOU CAN
• Assess individuals
• Look for initiative
• Train delegates
Train Strengthen Motivate
• Involvement in all correspondence
• Written Reports
• Personal Reports
• Access via Computer
• Is there anything you want to bring
to my attention?
• We failed to meet that deadline. Any
suggestions as to how that
• How do you think we can avoid
making this mistake in the future?
• Organize sufficient time in which to
research and develop new ideas.
• Set yourself a weekly or monthly reading
plan and adhere to it.
• If you are aware of a gap in your mgmt.
Education, fill it.
• Reinforce your skills by taking the
opportunity to learn from others.
How well do you delegate?