Microcare Laboratory, Surat
Dr. Dhanji P. Rajani
Microcare Laboratory established in August 2004 in
the centre of the Surat, with the aim of achieve
customer satisfaction by continual improvement in the
quality of our services.
Microcare Laboratory is engage in only microbiological
& Mycobacteriology testing.
Life Time Membership Of Indian Association Of
Life Time Membership Of Hospital Infection Society
Stop TB Partner – WHO
IPAQT Member [Initiative for Promoting and Affordable Quality TB Tests ]
Microcare Laboratory Get accreditation of ISO 9001:2000 in the year of 2007,
First in south Gujarat.
Microcare Laboratory accredited by NABL in the year of March 2011, first
laboratory in south Gujarat to get NABL Accreditation in the field of
With the fully & favorable support of STO, STATE TB CELL and whole team of
Gujarat government, Microcare laboratory accredited by National
Mycobacteriology Accreditation system of Central TB Division, govt. of India. 2nd
lab. In India in private sector for solid C&DST.
C&DST BY L.J. C&DST BY
Bactec MGIT LPA GeneXpert
& Routine Culture and sensitivity testing of all clinical samples.
Lab. Technician 7
Lab. Attendant 3
Research Student 2
C&DST TRAINING: One Microbiologist & One Technician was trained from NIRT Chennai.
One technician was trained from IRL, Ahmadabad.
SMEAR MICROSCOPY TRAINING: All technical staff were trained at Hirabagh Health
LPA TRAINING : Three technical staff were trained at Microcare, An in house training
by Biomerieux technical specialist.
GENEXPERT TRAINING : Three technical staff were trained at Microcare, An in house
training by Lab India technical specialist.
Aug-12 to March-13 1692 1311 381 38
April-13 to March-14 1958 1420 470 71
April-14 to till date 240 8
Workload Vs Capacity / Month for follow up samples
Currently, we run 150-160 follow up samples /month, while laboratory capacity is 1200-
1500 samples/ month.
Quarterly Report on Laboratory Performance
Laboratory: MICROCARE LABORATORY - SURAT
Quarter / Year of reporting: Yearly report -2013
Microbiologists: DR DHANJI P RAJANI
Contact Phone Number: 9824198056
Workload and DST results – Report SPECIMENS processed on culture or DST, NOT PATIENTS
Diagnostic Sputum SPECIMENS
NA1st quarter-13 -- 705
2nd quarter-13 -- 456
3rd quarter-13 -- 456
4th quarter-13 -- 514
Numerator (No.) Denominator
(1) Specimens (all) received within 7 days of sputum collection (with CPC) NA NA NA
(2)Specimens (all) received within 72 hours of sputum collection in 4-8 C
2131 2131 100
(3) Number of specimen rejected at the lab due to various reason(eg. Leakage,
inadequate quantity, etc)
0 0 0
(4) Specimens (all) with cultures reported as Mtb. complex 487 1644 29.62
(5) Smear-positive diagnostic specimens reported as culture-positive NA NA NA
(6) Specimens (all) with culture-contaminated results (by solid culture ) 70 2131 3.28
(7) Specimens (all) with culture-contaminated results (by liquid culture ) NA NA NA
(8) Specimens (all) with culture results reported as NTM 0 2131 0
(12) Patients (all) with final culture results reported to providers within 1 days
of declaration of result
2131 2131 100
(16) Most recent DST panel test performance Sensitivity (%) Specificity (%)
(Report Date 06.01.2014 H: 67 100
R: 100 92
(Reference lab__NIRT__) E (opt): 100 92
S (opt): 100 88
(17) Most recent On-Site Evaluation :05.03.2013
Evaluator: NIRT, Chennai
From May 2013 to April 2014 About 100 patients were Notified to
& Microcare laboratory Team
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.