Circuits Just what is a circuit?
- It’s like a race track that we run around
- It’s like a board inside a computer
- It’s to do with turning lights on and off
What IS a circuit?
- When we turn a light on we close a circuit to let electricity flow to the bulb and light it up.
- A light circuit is usually made up of battery, wires and a bulb.
- The circuit must be connected in order for it to work.
- If the circuit is on all the time then eventually the bulb will burn out!
- We put a switch into the circuit so that we can turn it on and off.
So there we have it …
- A light circuit is used to bring electricity (power) to the light bulb to turn it on.
- We need to have a switch in the circuit so that the bulb doesn’t burn out.
Your task …
- Using the Brainbox equipment make a simple circuit with a bulb, a battery holder (and batteries) and a switch.
- Show your circuit to a buddy
- Get your buddy to take a photo of you and the circuit.
- Tell your teacher that you have completed the task.