A larger digital footprint will result in your pages showing up in more search results. There are endless long-tail key phrases. [explain long tail] 5 mins
Same recipe as long term success with a web site: good content be an authority If you’re putting out good information, other people are likely to retweet you. If that grows, you might be deemed an Twitter authority. Similarly, if you can engage existing authorities on Twitter, getting them to retweet your information might make it more visible in search results and add to your own authority.
We’re going to show you quite a few things, but rest assured, these things are going to change quickly. You need to dig in there and PLAY with these technologies. You can’t wait to take a class. What about privacy? This is a decision we all have to make. I meet people all the time who don’t share their tweets, or open up their facebook pages. Many people are afraid to even have them. Develop a sense of the private/public – new sensibility. 5 mins
If you start writing down all the social media – you’ll find there is simply too much for any one person to ever do. So; you HAVE to plan. It doesn’t mean your plan can’t change – but try to stick with it as much as you can. 5 mins
The meat and potatoes of social media is your blog. 5 mins
Your blog can feed into LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. You might choose to not let those feeds go in automatically – or you can. I have a blog that FEEDS into my Linked In – as I tend not to play around in that space too much. I use the “tweat this” button on my blog to push content to Twitter, but then I always customize it. Same with Facebook.
Regarding your blog: Host it yourself. If you have a blog on Typepad or Wordpress, you’re not enlarging your own digital footprint – you’re enlarging theirs. Also, when it comes down to really customizing the blog, you’ll need to be hosting it yourself. You can actually use Wordpress to manage the content of your website, too. By the way; this image was from an old Pepsi advertisement. On the bottom part that I cut off, it said “Everyone wants to be Social”!
Getting a smartphone – like an iPhone, can have tremendous advantaages for your Social Media.
2. 3 Fact
4. Why Should I Use Social Media?
5. Everything will change… Fact
6. There is more to do than you ever can do… so plan. Fact
7. Challenges of Social Media Marketing
8. Two Social Media basics for EVERY organization: One: Listen Two: Turf And maybe #3: Have a Policy
9. Setting up the social kitchen: Google Reader: Follow 10 Blogs Twitter: Follow 10 individuals Facebook: Friend 25 individuals LinkedIn: Connect with 10 G p t v
10. Setting up the social kitchen: <ul><li>Y </li></ul>Create Profiles
12. BLOG Facebook Twitter Linked In Blog Comments
13. Profiles Host it Yourself!
14. Goals & How to Measure Them
15. Campaign Recipe Establish our brand in social media
16. Smart Phones
17. 15 Days to Social Media Fitness <ul><li>Google your Self ! </li></ul><ul><li>Own your name space </li></ul><ul><li>Setup Google and Twitter alerts </li></ul><ul><li>Create Accounts and Profiles </li></ul><ul><li>Find 10 Twitter people to follow </li></ul><ul><li>Find 10 Facebook Friends </li></ul><ul><li>Find 10 Linked-in Associates </li></ul><ul><li>Setup Google Profile and Google Reader – follow 10 blogs </li></ul><ul><li>Setup your Google Local </li></ul><ul><li>Write a referral to 2 friends on Linked In </li></ul><ul><li>Leave a comment on 3 different blogs </li></ul><ul><li>Upload and tag images on Panoramio </li></ul><ul><li>Get a Smartphone– set up all your sociial media apps. </li></ul><ul><li>Install a blog, and write one blog post per week. [Lisa Illichmann! ] </li></ul><ul><li>Google your competitors </li></ul>
18. <ul><li>Internet Marketing Blog by DragonSearch </li></ul><ul><ul><li>http://www.dragonsearchmarketing.com/blog/ </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Social Networking Media ROI Calculator </li></ul><ul><ul><li>http://www.dragonsearchmarketing.com/online-marketing-strategy/social-media-marketing/social-media-roi-calculator </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Planning Your Internet Marketing Campaign Goals & Strategies </li></ul><ul><ul><li>http://www.dragonsearchmarketing.com/blog/planning-internet-marketing-campaign-goals-strategies/ </li></ul></ul>Additional Reading