2. Starter What is meant by the term ‘narrative’? Please write your ideas on the board.
3. DefinitionNarrative refers to the differenttypes of story structure that genresemploy as well as the actual story-telling devices and narrativemoments which they areassociated with.
4. Tododrov’s narrative theory. Tododrov’s narrative theory states that a narrative will followthis sturcture- Equilibrium; how the place and characters begin at the start ofthe story. Disequilibrium; a disruption to the equilibrium. Recognition (of the disruption) Resolution; plan to resolve the disequilibrium. Restoration of equilibrium; the story returns back to thebeginning. (please make notes)
5. Vladimir Propp’s theory.Vladimir Propp went throughhundreds of fairy/folk tales andidentified:8 character roles- villain, hero,donor, helper, princess, her father,dispatcher, false hero.
6. Can you think of a filmwhere Vladimir Propp’stheory applies?
7. Plenary Can you put the stages of Tododrov’s theoryinto the correct order.EquilibriumResolutionRecognitionDisequilibrium Restoration