1. 12A MB
2. 12D MS
Jessica F Jess
3. 12B MS
4. The Film Process
How are films produced?
5. Using your films
•What is the film industry process?
• What are the roles in the film industry
6. The Film Process
• Distribution 1
• Distribution 2
7. The Film Process: Roles
The Main roles
• Camera operator
• Location scouting
• Art director
• VT recorder
• Sound operators
• MANY MANY MORE
8. Film brief ONE
• A Relationship comedy/drama made by a British production
Company, aimed at 16-25 year olds.
• Example: Submarine
9. Film Brief TWO
• A psychological thriller that will appeal to male audiences ages
16-30 year olds. Produced by a main hollywood company.
• Example: Taken
10. Film Brief THREE
• A superhero film aimed at males and females. Ages 15 – 25
years olds. This should be based on an existing comic.
• Example: Kick Ass
11. Film Brief FOUR
• A film that is based on real events from the last 10years. Both
male and female audiences, ages 15-35 years old. The film
should be funded by an independent company.
• Example: 127 hours
12. Film Brief FIVE
• A romantic comedy based on ‘boy meets girl’ type of story.
This should be a high end Hollywood film with A-List stars. The
audience is mainly females afed 15-30 years.
• Example: How to lose a guy in 10 days
13. The production process
• Using the film briefs
• How would you make the film?
• What is the process to get the film out there?
14. The Marketing process
• How do people find out about the film?
15. The Distribution 1 process
• How does the film get to the cinema?
16. The exhibition process
• How is the film watched?
17. The Distribution 2 process
• How does the film get to the audience?
18. The Exchange Process
• How do people tell each other about the film?
• How do people talk about the film?
19. The Consumption
• How to people share the film (legal and illegally)?
20. Your task
• Choose a production company
• Think about your genre
• Make an idea for your film
• Create a pitch
• How will you market your film?
• Consider exchange
• How will you distribute your film?
• Arthouse cinema (think about where?)
21. How did you create your film?
22. Your film ideas
• What production company did you choose and why?
• What is the synopsis of your film?
• What actors would you hire?
• What is the budget of your film?
• What marketing campaign have you created for your film?
• What cinema will you be exhibiting you film on and why?
• What areas will you screen you film?
• How will you distribute your film for audiences to consume
• How will you get people to exchange and talk about your film?