1. EvaluationLesson Objective•What are the evaluationquestions?•Which ones do I need tocomplete during theEaster holidays? Think Tank How can you evaluate your work without writing an essay?
2. The Evaluation questions• In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?• How does your media product represent particular social groups?• What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?• Who would be the audience for your media product?• How did you attract/address your audience?• What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?• Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?
3. In what ways does your mediaproduct use, develop or challengeforms and conventions of realmedia products?• Similar products• Have you conformed to the conventions of your genre (with a few challenges: give e.gs)• How similar is your film/print to existing products? • Should be very similar
4. How does your media productrepresent particular social groups?• Who is your target audience?• What features did you use to target that audience? • E.g. how did you target teenagers that are into indie music? • What colours? • Images? • Bands? • Language used in your magazine? • Layout? • Price?
5. What kind of media institutionmight distribute your mediaproduct and why?• Think about the publishing houses you researched • Why did you choose them and why?• In order to attract your target audience; • Where could you sell your magazine • Talk about digital distribution • Phone app • Website • Can you download issues of the internet?
6. Who would be the audience foryour media product?• Look at your target audience profile• Talk about who your target audience is• (you can use Xtranormal here or another avatar website)
7. How did you attract/address youraudience?• What conventions did you use to attract your audience?• Why would your audience buy your magazine?• What is your USP?• Why would they like the concept of your magazine?
8. What have you learnt abouttechnologies from the process ofconstructing this product? • What media technologies did you use? • Software • Prezi • Yolasite • Slideshare More • Youtube variety of • Handbrake media the • Premiere • Photoshop more points • Xtranormal you get • Screen-o-matic • Hardware • Camera • Sound • Lighting • Green screen
9. Looking back at your preliminarytask, what do you feel you havelearnt in the progression from it tothe full product?• How have you progressed from your pre-lim exercise • Comment on your creative journey • Comment on your use of variety of digital technologies journey • Did you learn how to attract your audiences more? • What further research stages did you take? • What further planning stages did you take? • How did you improve your photography skills? • How did you improve your photoshop skills? • Overall what have you learnt from this production process?
10. Evaluation Presentation• NOT an essay• Prezi• Powerpoint• Director commentary )talk over your final film) screen-o-matic Use the evaluation to use technologies you have not yet used!