Task 2: Music Video Techniques
What are the techniques used in Music Videos?
• There are many different techniques of Music Videos
• Can you think of what techniques are used in music videos?
• Variety of Cameras shots/angles – These will be cut to add
pace and make the video more interest to watch.
• Cutting to the beat - The pace of editing fits the pace of the
• Miming and lip sync – Artist are seen to be singing the lyrics in
• Effects – This could be any kind of effect put on during the
post-production stage i.e slow motion, colour correction, text,
• Chroma Keying – This is the technique for compositing 2
pieces of footage together by removing a colour from one layer
to revel the one behind it. Can also be know as greenscreen.
1. Go on
2. Click analysis
3. Click Tasks
4. Click Music Video Tasks
5. Fill out techniques helpsheet
6. Fill out techniques Grid
7. Complete task: Upload to yolasite