1. By Douglas E RiceFor YSU’s “Professional Selling Course” Fall 2012 Instructor: Ron Emery
2. Perceptions on Sales What do you think of when you think of sales as a profession? Sales vs. Marketing B2B sales vs. B2C sales Sales as relationship-building
3. Perceptions on Social Media What do you think of when you think of social media/networking? Personal vs. business use of social media B2B vs. B2C social media Social Media Marketing vs. Engagement
4. The Social Sales Process 1. Find target customers 2. Connect with target customers 3. Nurture relationships 4. Meet with target customers 5. Acquire the accountsCatchyAcronym
5. Find Target Customers Finding is about research—building a list of customers that your company can help. Search for Prospects on LinkedIn Divide Prospects into Lists on Twitter
6. Connect with Target Customers Connecting is about initiating conversation—reaching out to prospects on the list you’ve built.1. Twitter: Reply to tweets from the accounts on your list.2. Blogosphere: Follow and comment on blogs by accounts on your list
7. Connect with Target Customers(Cont.) Leaving an @reply on Leaving a comment Twitter… on a blog
8. Nurturing Nurturing is about staying on a prospect’s radar and consistently demonstrating value.#1) ***START A BLOG!*** The Marcus Sheridan Story
9. Nurturing (Cont.)#2)Tweet Chats #3) Groups #4) Answers
10. Nurturing (Cont.) #5) Facebook Page #6) YouTube Video Tutorials
11. Meet with Target Customers Meeting with target customers is about getting together to discuss working together. Webinars Meeting IRL—an absolute necessity.
12. Acquire the Accounts Acquiring the account is about moving a prospect into your current customer base. “The relationship is the customer.” – Charles Green Staying in Touch… Email Marketing Surveys/Feedback Data Analytics
13. Concluding Remarks The future of sales? Sales has always been and will always be about relationships.
14. Resources…on sales …on social media The Sales Social Media Blog, http://www.thesalesblog.com Examiner, http://www.socialmediaexaminer.c Dan om Waldschmidt, http://www.danwaldschmidt. Jeff Bullas com Blog, http://www.jeffbullas.com The Sales Hubspot Inbound Hunter, http://www.thesaleshunter.com Marketing, http://www.blog.hubspot.com Fearless Content Marketing Selling, http://www.fearless- Institute, http://www.contentmarketinginstit selling.ca/blog ute.com Score More The Sales Sales, http://www.scoremoresales.com Lion, http://www.thesaleslion.com Sales Spin Playbook, http://www.paulcastain.com Sucks, http://www.spinsucks.com Partners in Chris Excellence, http://www.partnersinexcellence Brogan, http://www.chrisbrogan.com
15. Information for Douglas E Rice Douglas E Rice, Small Business Storyteller LLC http://www.douglaserice.com http://www.facebook.com/smbizstoryteller http://www.twitter.com/douglaserice http://www.linkedin.com/in/douglaserice http://www.youtube.com/smbizstoryteller