2. @getviableDougal EdwardsCofounder & Head of product, GetViableDigital product & user engagement expertDeep digital product pedigree acrossB2C & B2B / Media, Finance & StartupGlobal experience leading digital productstrategies – idea to launchGetViable is an online accelerator that helps youdiscover, validate and build your startup ideas
4. @getviableAn idea is nothingmore nor less thana new combinationof old elements- James Webb Young
5. @getviableWhat is ideationanyway?“It depends…”
6. @getviableTraditional PMs & Tech“Just make sure ideas stop beforeproject and development even start”
10. @getviableIdeation TechniquesBrainstorming (alone/together)BrainwritingForceFit (intense peace)PoetryBorrowingLogical level UpBizarro world
12. @getviablePeople can be overly concerned abouthow their ideas will be perceived.Most ideas never leave the thinker smind because of this internal editing.You must loosen up the team to getover this hesitation.What was that feeling…?
14. @getviable2 minutesWrite your name&A problem you want to solvePass it on
15. @getviableHow might we…Use parts of this problem for good?Separate the problem from the experience?Make it the opposite of the problem?Challenge the assumption of the problem?Change the status quo that
16. @getviableThe BIG idea – 3 minutesTake a moment to get a little bit of background“WHY?”Think of a BIG idea that may (or may not) be ananswer to this problem.DOESN’T MATTER (or does it?)Pass it on
17. @getviableDevelop the idea – 3 minutesRead the problem and the BIG idea.Look for a connection.Ask yourself “WHY?”Develop idea in a way you think might work.Pass it on
18. @getviablePass it onConclude the idea – 3 minutesRead the problem and the ideas.Look for a connection.Ask yourself “WHY?”Develop idea in a way you think might work.
19. @getviableIdeation instartups…
20. @getviablethe process of bringingideas to life
21. @getviableQuestions, questions…Do you know you are solving a problem?Do you know whose problem you re solving?Do you know what problem you’re solving?How do you know?Have you talked to people?…Has your idea changed as a result?
22. @getviableWe always look at an issue orproblem through our own lens.Our expertise, experiencesand bias leads us to our ownunique solution.- Someone
23. @getviableIf I had an hour to solve aproblem I‘d spend 55 minutesthinking about the problemand 5 minutes thinking aboutsolutions.(but today… we have the luxury of failing)- Albert Einstein
24. @getviableThe journey of a startup ideaMinimumViableProductTractionWoooohoooooo!Confusion, Chaos[Time & Money]ValidationYAY!