(1) Slides Unit 12 Reading Tieng Anh 10Presentation Transcript
Unit 12 Music
Picture 1 Picture 2 Picture 3 Picture 4 Picture 5
I. Before you read a. serious and traditional Western European music b. traditional songs of a country c. combination of African and Western music d. modern music that is popular with young people e. a style of music with a strong and loud beat 1. Folk music 2. Rock ‘n’ roll 3. Pop music 4. Classical music 5. Jazz Description Type of music
KEY 2.Rock ‘n’ roll e. a style of music with a strong and loud beat 1. Folk music b. traditional songs of a country 5. Jazz c. combination of African and Western music 4.Classical music a. serious and traditional Western European music 3. Pop music d. modern music that is popular with young people
II. While you read Task1 . Tick the meaning of each word/ phrase in italics. 1. When you beat a bad mood, your bad mood stops. your bad mood starts. 2.When you feel rejuvenated , you feel more tired. you feel more energetic. 3. Tempo is the speed of music. the loudness of music. 4. Serene music is loud and fast. peaceful and calm 5. A ballad is a love song. fast dance song
* Words and phrases - Play an important role/part in ….. Ex: Computers play an important part in people’s lives. - B e different from something/ somebody Ex: Your hat is different from mine. - C ommunicate(v) / communication (n) Ex: English is an effective means of communication. - Emotions( n) emotional (a) - Express something Ex: Sometimes, it is difficult for me to express my ideas, thoughts and feelings in English.
Task 2: 1. What are the two things that make humans different from other animals? 2. Why is music a powerful means of communication? 3. How can music with a strong beat and fast tempo help people? 4. How should you listen to music to calm down after a busy week at work? They are language and music It can express ideas, thoughts and feelings. It helps people to cheer up. i play something with a fast tempo and strong beat, then move to something more serene and relaxing (when i want to calm down after a busy week at work).
After you read 1. What are the main roles of music in people’s lives? + It makes human different from all the other animals. + It is one of the most powerful means of communication that humans have. + Music helps people to beat a bad mood or maintain a good mood. + Music can also help people relax and feel rejuvenated.
Table 2 How do you feel when you listen to the following pieces of musics?
1. Summarize the passage in writing then learn it by heart.
2. Answer the three questions in "after you read”
a.How do different kinds of music make you feel?
b.What music do you listen to when you happy?
c.What music do you listen to when you sad/
3. Preparations for Speaking
Read and look up new words in task 1 and answer the 4 questions .