Pick a Design
1) Choose from a selection
of predesigned templates.
2) Change the colors
to fit the theme.
3) Add some
drama with a
1) Select a font from the style types.
2) Choose your font and click “Download”
3) In Internet Explorer or Firefox, a
download box will appear.
4) Double click on the .ttf file
Adding Fonts, cont’d
5) Check to make sure the font is the
one you wanted. Then click “Install”
6) To use your new font, select the desired
text, and type in the name of your new
font in the font selection box.
NOTE: If your font does not appear, you may need
to save your progress, close Power Point, then re-
open the file.
Remember: If you saving your project to a USB flash/thumb drive,
you must also save any font or audio/video files you use to it.
Adding Animations bring the
1) Click on “Animations”
2) Change the duration or
delay of the animation to
speed it up
3) Don’t like the pre-created animations?
Create your own with these Motion
Transitions are a great way to
move your presentation along
1) You can pick individual
transitions for each slide,
or apply one transition to
2) Choose when the transition should happen.
You can even add SOUND!
And keep it going until the next slide.
Learn how to add
character in the
Animated characters, like the one
from the last slide, are created using
.GIF files. Adding a .gif file to your
presentation is easy. Just follow
these steps (using Firefox):
1) Do a Google image search for
your topic using this search
2) Once you have selected your image,
click “View image.” 3) Right click and “Copy” the
image. Then paste directly into
the slide you want the image to
1) Under the “Insert” tab
click on Video, and select
“Video from Web
2) Copy and paste the embed code from
Youtube into this box.
Having problems? Check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sbah9iIrlk
Youtube code not working? Try this site
Karen Doster, TCC Librarian
• Microsoft Word PowerPoint Tips and Tricks
• Florida Gulf Coast-PowerPoint Tutorial
• Danville Community College-Advanced PPT tips