Church of St. Hedwig in Złotoryja
Church of Sts. Hedwig - According
to tradition, the monastery
founded by St. Jadwiga in 1212.
The monastery of the Franciscan
parish church of St. Hedwig was built
in the fifteenth century.
It burned down in 1554 and in
its place, in the years 1709 to
1736, established the present
baroque church.
Standing beside the monastery
building was built simultaneously with
the church and was rebuilt in the
fifteenth century,...
The interior contains a
Rococo main altar from
1750 and two Baroque altars
from the early 18th
century.
A statue of Saint John is situated
in front of the church from the
west, it was moved in 1914 from
the area of the Lower ...
Next to the church,
there is an original
sandstone pillar shrine,
dated from the late 15th
century.
Nowadays the church is being
used by Roman Catholic parish.
Mass times:
Saturdays 6:00 AM, 5:30 PM
Sundays 9:00 AM, 5:00 ...
Thanks for watching :)
Dorota Kusek
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Prezentacja 1

27

Published on

Published in: Spiritual
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
27
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
1
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Prezentacja 1

  1. 1. Church of St. Hedwig in Złotoryja
  2. 2. Church of Sts. Hedwig - According to tradition, the monastery founded by St. Jadwiga in 1212.
  3. 3. The monastery of the Franciscan parish church of St. Hedwig was built in the fifteenth century.
  4. 4. It burned down in 1554 and in its place, in the years 1709 to 1736, established the present baroque church.
  5. 5. Standing beside the monastery building was built simultaneously with the church and was rebuilt in the fifteenth century, in the years 1555- 1557 and 1709-1736.
  6. 6. The interior contains a Rococo main altar from 1750 and two Baroque altars from the early 18th century.
  7. 7. A statue of Saint John is situated in front of the church from the west, it was moved in 1914 from the area of the Lower Gate.
  8. 8. Next to the church, there is an original sandstone pillar shrine, dated from the late 15th century.
  9. 9. Nowadays the church is being used by Roman Catholic parish. Mass times: Saturdays 6:00 AM, 5:30 PM Sundays 9:00 AM, 5:00 PM
  10. 10. Thanks for watching :) Dorota Kusek
  1. A particular slide catching your eye?

    Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.

×