We are movers and shakers!
As of 2013, it is estimated that there are over 8.6 million women-
owned businesses in the United States,
generating over $1.3 trillion in revenues
and employing nearly 7.8 million people.
Between 1997 and 2013, when the number of businesses in the
United States increased by 41%, the number of women-owned firms
increased by 59%
2013 State of Woman-Owned Businesses Survey, Womanable
Get rid of those fears…
1. If I find the right business, I will succeed.
2. Being self-employed is unpredictable and I want
a comfortable and normal life.
3. A business failure will kill me.
4. It’s not the right time to start a business.
Where does ideas come from?
1. Find a problem. What is bugging you?
2. Find a passion.
3. Listen to people.
4. Try new things. Weird things (Legal things)
5. Test your ideas.
6. Its not ideas what make a business but the
persistence and passion of the entrepreneur.
There is no magic formula
Read more @
What kind of problem?
In March of 2012, Founder Sara was named the world’s youngest, self-made
female billionaire by Forbes Magazine and one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential
People. Spanx can now be found worldwide in more than 50 countries.
It is possible!
Sara Blakely – Spanx
Total Start-up funding $5,000
Create a Business Opportunity
Your idea became an opportunity when:
1. Creates or adds significant value to a customer.
2. It does so by solving a significant problem or meet a significant
3. It has a robust market, margin and money making characteristics.
Sustainable value to stakeholders.
4. It has a good fit with the founder and management team.
Important: Opportunities are created…
From: “New Venture Creation in the 21st Century”
Jeff Timmons & Steve Spinnelli
How should you start…?
What is your value
Read More http://conversionxl.com/value-
Value proposition is the #1 thing that
determines whether people will bother
reading more about your product or hit the
Still worried about MONEY?
1. Test the market (before expending any money)
2. Efficiency (start small)
3. Keep the paying team small (outsource)
5. Public Affairs
6. Social Networks
Should I write a
I got a business opportunity…
1. Lean Startup
2.Business Plans that work
Jeffry Timmons and Andrew Zacharakis
3. Getting to Plan B
John Mullins and Randy Komisar
4. The Art of the Start