1. Making Your Website Mobile Monday, October 22nd 1:15 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Orlando NTrainer: Don Schindler, Managing Director, Print, Web & Multimedia, University Communications, University of Notre Dame
2. • 13 years in digital marketing • donschindler.com • firstname.lastname@example.org • @donschindlerDon Schindler
3. They do two things. How are smart phones trending?
8. Content & Context • Your content needs to be prepared to go anywhere so it can be found everywhere. • Your content should not be limited by the device (context) that it is being displayed on.
9. How does yoursite look on amobile device?
10. Mobile Web vs. Apps
11. Notre Dame’s website
12. ND.edu• We used mobile web• Never did an app because of budget costs and maintenance• 351 different devices• 488 different screen sizes• Mobile traffic in 2010 – 2%• Mobile traffic in 2012 – 12%• Some sites like gameday.nd.edu have over 30% mobile traffic
25. Going Mobile? • Who is my target audience for mobile? • What do I want them to know and then do? • What do the analytics tell me about my current website? • Should I go app or mobile web? • Is responsive design ok, mobile style sheets or should I have a separate mobile website with only the essentials? • How much money and time to do responsive? • How will I measure my investment?
26. They do two things. Now for your questions… • 13 years in digital marketing • donschindler.com • email@example.com • @donschindler