1. Heel Pain Plantar Fasciitis Donald Pelto, DPMCentral Massachusetts Podiatry, PC Worcester, MA
2. Doctor dilemma• Too much information• Too little time with patient• Need to get better quicker• Many treatment options
3. This is for you if…• You have pain in your heel when getting up in the morning• You have bought inserts for your shoes without success• You have been see by another doctor and not gotten better• You think heel pain is just part of your life!
4. Today we will cover• What is plantar fasciitis?• Symptoms• Causes• Diagnosis• Treatment
5. What is plantar fasciitis?
6. What is plantar fasciitis?
7. Symptoms of plantar fasciitis• First step pain• Inside arch• Central heel
8. Causes of plantar fasciitis• Too much activity too fast• Too hard of a surface• Old shoes without support or cushionCommon Questions• Heel spur?• Weight?
9. Causes of plantar fasciitis
10. Causes of plantar fasciitis
11. Causes of plantar fasciitis
14. Heel Pain Treatments Home vs Office• Topical Treatment• Shoes and feet• Stretching• Medications• Surgery
15. Topical Treatment
16. Shoes and feet• No barefoot
17. Shoes and feet
20. Medications• Motrin & Ibuprophen (NSAIDs)• Medrol Dose Pack (Steroid)
24. What next?• Watch this presentation at www.slideshare.net/donpelto• Request book on Common Foot Problems e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org put “The foot book” in the e-mail title• Listen to a free recorded message on “Quick and effective relief from plantar fasciitis”Call: 641.715.3800 Access 32299 Code 3
25. Donald Pelto, DPMCentral Massachusetts Podiatry 299 Lincoln Street Suite 202 Worcester, MA email@example.com (508) 757-4003