2. Nepal shares cultural similarities in clothing, language and food with neighbors India and Tibet.
3. Located between the giants China to the north and India to the south this country is home to more than 20 million people of around 50 ethnic groups.
4. A constitutional monarchy is a form of monarchical government established under a constitutional system which acknowledges an elected or hereditary monarch as head of state.
5. Kingdom of Nepal Abolished in 2008 when the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal was proclaimed, this monarchy in South Asia , had been established in 1768 under Prithvi Narayan Shah Saddest Moment of My Life - Deposed King of Nepal Leaves Palace with Honour and for the Last Time
7. Mt. Everest
8. Mt. Everest climbers face Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) a potentially deadly disease, commonly known as altitude sickness, caused by climbing too quickly to a high elevation.
9. Nepal Ghandrung Village and Annapurna South
10. indigenous faces of Nepal
11. porters on the annapurna
13. Patan Hindu temples in Patan, capital of one of the three medieval Newar kingdoms
14. Indra Jata A Nepalese Hindu priest cleans the idol of Swet Bharab which is uncovered only during the Indra Jatra festival in Hanuman Dhoka, Kathmandu. (AFP/Prakash Mathema)
15. Police arrested a protester in Kathmandu. The first all-woman protest against Chinese rule in Tibet was held on May 11, 2008. Nepali police arrested 562 Tibetan women at the anti-China demonstration. Gopal Chitraker/Reuters