2. We are going to Learn about textures Know different types of textures See textures in Art Creation Learn different techniques to work with textures Practise using ICT resources Represent an Artwork using textures
3. TEXTURE Everything has a texture or a surface. Texture can be: Rough Bumpy Slick Scratchy Bee ceiling Smooth Silky Soft Wool fabric Prickly ... The list is endless!!
4. Types of textures Tactile Visual Natural Artificial
5. Tactile texture We perceive it by touching an object. Every material has a different touch, so it is a different texture.
6. Visual texture When we represent a tactile texture using graphic elements, we get a visual texture. We can create visual textures using different art procedures: scrapping, stencilling, printing...
7. Natural textures They belong to natural elements, like the skin of an elephant, the cortex of a tree or the surface of a rose petal.
8. Artificial textures The surface of any object made by us: steel, paper, different kinds of fabrics...
9. Textures in Art Creation Artists use textures in their artworks
10. Textures in Art Creation They use different types of textures depending on their style or the period of Art History they belong to.Picasso – Three musicians Münch – The scream Klimt – Tree of life
11. Textures in Art Creation Sometimes, they want to imitate the reality A foggy day The sea A wooden floor
12. Textures in Art Creation Sometimes, they want to trasmit emotions and expressivity: strength, softness, warmness...
13. Textures in Art Creation And sometimes they want to create things that don’t exist, or symbolic images Pollock – Number 8
14. How can we get textures? Using drawing material and art procedures: Tempera Wax crayons Coloured pencils watercolours
15. How can we get textures? But also using any type of material Different kinds of paperBeans and legumes Coloured sand fabric
16. Techniques to createtextures
17. Painting and drawing Using dots, lines and shapes changing materials. Spattering the painting using a toothbrush Blowed painting using a straw. Using the photocopier.
22. Activities: Practising withtextures2. Transforming Artworks Choose an artwork and search for information about its autor and art style. Transform it using art procedures to create texture effects: scrapping, collage, painting with different materials (tempera, wax crayons...) The result must be something like this: