Animal Assisted Activities (AAA)
1. provides opportunities for motivational, educational
2. are delivered in a variety of environments by specially
trained professionals in association with animals that
meet specific criteria;
3. can be repeated with many people, unlike a therapy
program that is tailored to a particular person or medical
Example of AAA
English lesson with dog assistance for kids
from 1 to 3 years old in the nursery provided by our charity.
Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT)
1. goal-directed intervention in
which an animal that meets
specific criteria is an integral
part of the treatment process;
2. directed and/or delivered by a
professional with specialized
expertise, and within the 4. designed to promote
scope of practice of their improvement
physical, emotional, social,
3. provided in a variety of and/or cognitive functioning
settings and is individual in [cognitive functioning refers to
nature. This process is thinking
documented and evaluated;
The qualities of good animal
assisted therapist or educator:
1. higher education in the field of health/human service;
2. knowledge about dogs, especially:
dogs dieseses and probability of their transmission on
ways of comunication;
3. skills to plan classes or therapy sessions with dog
Where AAA and AAT
can be conducted?
Educational institutions (nurseries,
Homes for elderlies;
Discovered and described
by Turid Rugaas from
Norway at the end of last
It's a system of the body signals which dogs use to
comunicate with each other , to relieve stress, to calm
down the situation and to avoid conflicts.
There are over 30 described calming signals and the
number is still growing.
Calming signals that you can observe during AAA and
Scientific researches in the field of dog's stress in AAA and
AAT and injuries of internal organs are not finished.
Hovever this doesn't give a permission of not humanitarian
treatment the working dogs.
THANK YOU :)