1. ʻDesignʼ the word i come across almosteveryday of my life. Being in design About me I have completed my Bachelors in computer science Jagriti Kumarschool and at this mushrooming stage, i and engineering and is pursuing masters in Designam still trying to understand the word so- course at IIT Guwahati. I am keen in collaborating the two different disciplinescalled ʻDesignʼ and ʻDesignersʼ……….. for development of better design solutions. Indian Institute of TechnologyWhat do Designers do?? Currently working on a project titled “Design and Department of Design development of an information system to educate women about prenatal & postnatal issues and care”.
2. Master Thesis Project: Design and Development of an The Indian Government estimates that 301 women die Ethnography studyinformation system to educate women about prenatal and annually for every 100,000 live births. Done under the primary research, to observe ,ﬁndpostnatal issues and care This project to initiate design that can enhance upon the insights, understand people by being actually on the ﬁeld. societal needs and social issues.To design a system that Even understanding ASHA and NRHM process, indent(on-going) can not only provide pregnancy education & information to understanding of protocol from user point of view. pregnant women but also to their family members for better Understanding the women and her family mindset, health care. The proposed approach can lead us to look at awareness when it comes to a sensitive issue like other issues such as awareness of nearby institutional pregnancy health care center, medical facility, timely care and many more. Analysis of Ethnography study of user ʻChitra Dasʼ
3. Master Thesis Project: Design and Development of an Analysis of Ethnography study Researchinformation system to educate women about prenatal and Analysis of study is done on the basis of user statements, The exhaustive research and analysis phase, the overallpostnatal issues and care in context of their understanding, awareness and family. background study like con selling doctor provided support Observations and breakpoints were generated to come up to the gained insight for Ideation and conceptualization.(on-going) with critical insights.For each user set of observation and breakpoint is generated. Ideation and generation of conceptsAfﬁnity Analysis:The observations chucked under common topic
4. Master Thesis Project: Design and Development of aninformation system to educate women about prenatal andpostnatal issues and care(on-going)
5. Interactive Communication Project Objective The main objective of the project is to design an For spreading awareness to the semi- and fully-urban interactive installation that can work as a standalone Indian household, about energy conservation/efﬁciency, communicative element as well as an integrated part of a via making them more sensitive towards the compounded larger exhibition. effect of seemingly trivial wastage of energy -- as part of a Also, the installation should be designed in such a way larger aim of tackling the problem of scant energy, at the that it can be carried to different place and can be a part level of the user. of a larger exhibition later on.#
6. Interactive Communication Project Exploring Brief explanation Tangible interaction,Using the techniques of prototyping to The ﬁnal design concept for the project is “Flowing Light”. build a working concept! it shows a subtle connection between saving energy and saving water. And it attempts to communicate softly the message of conserving power. The tap in the concept plays a very important role as it connects with the behavioral aspect of the user.
7. Interactive Communication Project
8. Design Project: Theme Elderly Initial Brief Different perspective: Help elderly towards active aging and improve quality of Experience, Wisdom, Good mentors life by making them independent. Need: Jog their memory Fun task instead of strenuous one Connectivity to world around them The elderly generally suffer from different mental and physical constraints due to their old age, which are needed to be checked upon, while designing. Generally, their social life tends to become static due to stated reasons: - Nuclear family - Dispersed working group - Unwillingness to join new groups - Lack of hobbies They being the senior most member in the society and family, need extra care and attention due to their growing age.
9. Design Project: Theme Elderly Motivation for the Project Aim and Objectives The relation between the grandparent and grandchild is To design an interactive system that helps elderly to considered to be the closest in the family. The communicate effectively through storytelling using digital communication gap tends to be minimum.The media as an aid. grandparent tends to share experiences and stories with The project focuses on using digital media as the tool for the grandchild. supporting traditional storytelling via simple and intuitive Different kinds of storytelling mediums were explored, and interactions. ﬁnally the use of digital media was found to be the most effective.
10. Design Project: Theme Elderly Product components Brief Explanation The product has two components The colored cubes are symbolic of different emotions Colored cubes, Circular base and RFID is used as the which are the constituents of a story. The cubes are technology for prototyping. supposed to be placed one at a time on the middle part of the circular base, which detects the type of cube using RFID technology. The feedback is given by the protrusion in the middle, by glowing with the same color as the cube. The low ﬁdelity prototype made using the RFID technology.
11. DOD website Information Architecture Wireframes First the information architecture was made on the basis wireframes were created on the basis of Information of questionnaire and feedback from faculty,staff and architecture. students. no color, no visual and then was further worked on to make visual layouts.
12. DOD website
13. DOD website
14. Redesigning of control Panel Objective Task Flow To redesign the control panel of an induction heater.# A task ﬂow diagram was made to analyze the whole(on-going) To make it more intuitive# while operating and bring an# process easy understanding for the user when it comes to#digital# and button panel. Fish Bone diagram A ﬁsh bone diagram to analyse the cause and effect of the whole panel.
15. Redesigning of control Panel(on-going)
16. Branding and Packaging Spiralis This was the workshop organized by Prof. Iko Avital. it The second stage emphasized on the branding of aimed at exploring the branding and presentation of spices.Exploration of logo in different shapes and colour, indian spices. the brand name was decided as ʻHAUTE SPICESʼ. we were suppose to work in a team of three members.
17. Form Study Exploration of movements Exploration of Expression All the chess pieces movements were explored to come All the chess pieces expressions like king the strongest up with forms expressing movements. and authoritative were explored and movements were combined to come up with forms expressing movements and expression. Expressions MovementsPaper Forms: ﬁrst basic form understanding throughpaper