Game Design 1
The Los Angeles Film School
1. Write a Concept Document for the game you are
proposing for your class project.
○ Game-Defining Concept: The component, mechanic or other
design element that defines your game concept
○ Key Elements:
Core Mechanic (action and purpose)
Play Value (why this game will be fun to play)
○ Elevator Pitch: One or two paragraphs conveying all the key
elements to a potential client or customer for your game. It
should be written in an engaging way, and not simply be a
recitation of the key elements.
○ Creative Center
The Razor: A sentence or two for determining features
that belong and don’t belong in your game.
The Slogan: A catchy phrase that gets potential players
(and the marketing department) interested in your game.
2. Save your Concept Document as a PDF
document in the class Dropbox
“Assignment 6” folder.
3. Present your Elevator Pitch to the class in